Jerry Gray deserves some of the blame

mgalla

I'm just not sold on this guy. We blitzed 42 times and never came close to Brady. My favorite is the Coy Wire safety blitz where everyone and their brother can see it coming. Our defense is the only reason we've been in ballgames, but just like the offense, this d is starting to look a lot like last year; low scoring against but limited sacks, unable to get a big third down stop when we need it, and can't get timely turnovers. Aside from Coy Wire, we have a lot of talent out there and just can't get it done.

you're right- Jerry Gray was a complete moron to trade up for Denney and sign Schoebel to a huge extension since neither has come close to a sack

oh wait- that was Teflon Tom

and Gray was also stupid in not getting a real safety who could actually cover someone - not Coy Wire

And Gray probably should have drafted Vince Wilfork to push the pocket from the inside

Too bad Teflon Tom is forcing Gray to play defense without any pass rushers

There is no point to assign blame, except for the fact that Bledsoe has been blamed for everything. Yesterday, he had one of the better games I've seen him play. Who knows what went wrong on the two Moulds routes? Why did the OC and HC put him in a position to certainly fail on 4th and 3? My only point is to emphasize that there are more problems with this team than Drew Bledsoe.

There is no point to assign blame, except for the fact that Bledsoe has been blamed for everything.  Yesterday, he had one of the better games I've seen him play.  Who knows what went wrong on the two Moulds routes?  Why did the OC and HC put him in a position to certainly fail on 4th and 3?  My only point is to emphasize that there are more problems with this team than Drew Bledsoe.

57785[/snapback]

Fair enough.