Nice Sabres Read

bills_fan

A final featuring Buffalo and San Jose would probably cause Bettman to commit suicide. Last season's Cup with Carolina and Edmonton had to annoy him. For him, a ratings nightmare. But as much as it would be a nightmare for him, it would be pure hockey joy for real fans . It would most likely be the best final series in twenty years. Or at least since the black plague that was the era of clutch and grab perfected by the Devils. Both teams love to skate and push the puck up the ice quickly. Both teams have defensmen that love to jump into the offense. Both are young and fast. Both teams have excellent goaltending. I can hardly wait!!! :)

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&pa...rticleid=280895

GO SHARKS! :blink:

buffalo/southern ontario is a HUGE hockey market though...  i don't think the ratings would be bad at all

802283[/snapback]

The only Ontario fans that care about the Sabres are in St.Catherines and and any that may live along the QEW on the way to Buffalo. Other than that its pretty much Leaf/Hab territory. That said, I think most Canadians will watch no matter who's playing. Bettman and the NHL are'nt concerned with ratings in Canada. No way they like a Sabre/San Jose matchup. They would much rather have a Ranger/Kings or Blackhawk final.