Is this stating the obvious?

eball

If the Bills beat the Lions and Pats, they will find themselves at 4-3 and only a half game out of first place.

That was a bad game last Sunday, but it doesn't mean the season is over.

801146[/snapback]

quite reasonable. and since no one in our division has their act together, it is possible. i just want to vomit when ESPN analysts are still believing the pats are a top 5 team in the AFC. Frankly, this division is the weakest in the AFC. :doh:

quite reasonable. and since no one in our division has their act together, it is possible. i just want to vomit when ESPN analysts are still believing the pats are a top 5 team in the AFC. Frankly, this division is the weakest in the AFC.  :doh:

801158[/snapback]

How are they not a top 5 team in the AFC?

If that scenario plays out, we go into the bye at 4-3, a .5 game out of 1st, with GB in week 8.  We could conceivably be heading into Indy @ 5-3.

801165[/snapback]

and then all our hopes will be dashed...

yes, its conceivable that we could be in 1st or close to it, but at this very moment, we're just not ready. not saying we won't be ready after our bye, but right now, we're kidding ourselves. Now, if the bills put together a good gameplan and can win in detroit, and somehow squeak out a win against the pats, then they'll be able to regroup during the bye, look towards squashing the packers, and then we'll talk... till then, don't hold your breath.

The one positive that i'll give this team is that there's some actual growing pains and some development. the bears game was a big step back, but it was WAY less maddening than last year's chargers game or dolphins game from last year...

chargers game...

801185[/snapback]

I agree with the point that you're making, but the difference between the charger game last year and this bears game (I was at both), is that we knew that we were out of it last november. the bears game was a kick in the nuts early in the season, potentially showing us things that we might be in for in the remaining 11 games (I don't think so though).