Peter King thinks that Chris Simms might end up in

ACor58

Say it ain't so. (But the reader does have a point about all the commercials.

THIS IS A GREAT QUESTION. From Mike of Dunedin, Fla.: "While I was watching commercials on Sunday afternoon, they kept interrupting with quick clips of a football game. Anyway, do you think Chris Simms has a job with the Bucs next year?''

Mike, now that I see a bank of TVs with every early game on Sundays at NBC, I feel your pain. Jeez Louise, the commercials! Re: Simms, that is the $64,000 question. The Bucs look like they'll give this thing a couple of weeks before deciding whether to put him on injured reserve, which, of course, would end his season. I think some of this has to do with how well Bruce Gradkowski plays this week and next. He looked good to me Sunday in his NFL debut, sure of himself for a kid who's never played before. My guess? Simms will be elsewhere in 2007. Maybe the Raiders. Maybe Buffalo. Maybe Baltimore.

All he's doing is speculating which NFL teams may be looking for new starting QBs come the offseason.  It kills me to say that we STILL don't know about JP for sure, but it's true.

800838[/snapback]

I would still take JP over Chris Simms any day. If we did ever end up with Simms, maybe we could come up with our own "Chris Simms Suck-O-Meter" like they had when he was at Texas.

The last time I checked scoreboards, teams that have a completely messed

up QB situation:

1. Oakland

2. Tampa Bay

Teams with a unsettled QB situation:

1. Arizona

2. Buffalo

3. Cleveland

4. Miami

5. Detroit

6. 49ers

7. Tenneesee

Teams with QBs on their last legs:

1. Green Bay

2. Baltimore (May be)

3. Kansas City

Chris Simms could go and sign with 12 other teams in the offseason (including TB) if he choses to. Peter King as a Journalist needs to hold his reins back a little. It is ok for a guy on a message board to write his opinions without any research....but for a guy from the national media to write up a few lines (even without prefixing it as a "guess") is pretty pathetic.

I'm starting to think peter is just pulling our chains to read all the funny email he must get ................oh wait, he's not that SMART!!!!!!

let's see hmmmmm baltimore .......ah has mcnair will travel

raiders .........Brady Quinn

bills .............work in progress

simms............SUCKS worse than holcomb and jp combined

NEXT

The last time I checked scoreboards, teams that have a completely messed

up QB situation:

1. Oakland

2. Tampa Bay

Teams with a unsettled QB situation:

1. Arizona

2. Buffalo

3. Cleveland

4. Miami

5. Detroit

6. 49ers

7. Tenneesee

Teams with QBs on their last legs:

1. Green Bay

2. Baltimore (May be)

3. Kansas City

Chris Simms could go and sign with 12 other teams in the offseason (including TB) if he choses to.  Peter King as a Journalist needs to hold his reins back a little. It is ok for a guy on a message board to write his opinions without any research....but for a guy from the national media to write up a few lines (even without prefixing it as a "guess") is pretty pathetic.

800896[/snapback]

I take it you haven't watched the 49ers. Smith looks pretty damn good. He's a 2nd year player, first year starter who get's it.

Arizona's pretty much settled. Leinart get's at least a couple years.

Miami is settled as well. It's going to be one of those two, no way they bring in a 3rd name QB.

Brad Johnson in Minny is probably more on his last legs than the three you mentioned.

Chris Simms is Todd Collins.....no heart

800922[/snapback]

I don't know if I would question the guy's heart. I mean, he played a football game, after he ruptured his spleen and was bleeding internally :doh: .

You can question his decision making and his talent ability. You cannot base his talent on pedigree.

With that said, I would prefer JP and Peter King is a chunky man with bad teeth and questionable football efficacy.

I take it you haven't watched the 49ers.  Smith looks pretty damn good.  He's a 2nd year player, first year starter who get's it. 

Arizona's pretty much settled.  Leinart get's at least a couple years. 

Miami is settled as well.  It's going to be one of those two, no way they bring in a 3rd  name QB. 

Brad Johnson in Minny is probably more on his last legs than the three you mentioned.

800908[/snapback]

Smith had a good game against the worst team in the league, where was he against KC?

Smith had a good game against the worst team in the league, where was he against KC?

801011[/snapback]

Through 5 games he has thrown for 1071yds, 6 TDS 3 INTs and a rating of 85.2 (on a bad team none the less). He gets it.