Scary Good or Scary Bad

I still contend that the Bears ARE NOT scary good... The Bills just scary bad!

Thats a my story and I am sticking to it.

:D:D

A look at the Bears schedule and they don't play too many good teams that can even remotely compete... Until the playoffs begin.

How do they get to face so many inept teams!

I hand it to 'em that they beat a banged up Seattle... I just can't figure out how the Bills beat the Vikes (well I know how they did it, the feces laiden horseshoe fell out their arse on the floor of Soldier field)... :D:doh:

You go Matt in DC and Tenny!!!

0:):D

So Many inept teams?

Well for One, they play in a division with the Lions, Packers and Vikings...

Take a look at the bills schedule

Jets (x2)

Detroit

Houston

Green Bay

Minnesota

Miami (x2)

Tennessee

Not too shabby ourselves.

799215[/snapback]

Yes... True... Yet, by far the Bears are more refined and talented than the Bills... They can easily hold their own against the weak teams where Buffalo will run into trouble... Not so good under must wins and elite teams as their opponents. The Bears will power through this season... Maybe 1, 2 or 3 losses.

And yes, I am slamming the Bears... I am not impressed and defiant to the end. I will be a believer when they win against a top team in the playoffs.

To me this is just another 13-3 (or better) year they are having... Just like the one they produced under Dick Jauron when he coached in Chi town.

Oh...

Historically, the Bears have always been a mediocre team... If they do have a bad year, they still win about 4-6 games... Or always hover around the .500 mark...

They have lived through the misery of very few bad seasons... (3 or fewer wins)... They also tend to under achieve when they have an exception season vs. the hype they recieve.

Hence, I am still not a believer.

Yes... I am bitter and will NEVER be a Bears' fan! 0:)

:D:doh:

To me this is just another 13-3 (or better) year they are having... Just like the one they produced under Dick Jauron when he coached in Chi town.

799294[/snapback]

You may ultimately be correct about the quality of the Bears oppenents, and that they may be bounced early in the playoffs, but you really think that this Bears team is no more talented than the 2002 Bears, under Jauron? I think you are nuts, if you can't see that this is a much better team than that. This Bears team has a ton more offensive talant than Jaurons' squad did...

As for the whole "they haven't beaten anybody" thing, that argument is getting harder and harder to make every year. There just are not as many good teams as there used to be. By "good teams" I mean dominant teams, like the 90's Cowboys, Bills, etc etc...the supposed "best teams" in the leauge right now (ie: Colts, Patriots, Bengals, Broncos,etc etc) have all looked far from invincible this year. Who would the Bears have to beat, to pass your litmus test? I gurantee you, which ever team, or teams, you answer with, somebody will insist that the team is overrated, "hasn't beaten anybody" etc etc...

Other than the fact that you are "exiled" in Illinois, why you hate the Bears so much? Personally, I have been enjoying seeing them a lot this year, and fantacize that the Bills will be playing like them in a year or two. As disgusting as todays' loss was for a Bills fan to stomach, I think our team is still headed in the right direction, we just got tattooed by the team that we seem to be emulating. A good lesson, maybe, in the long run.

You may ultimately be correct about the quality of the Bears oppenents, and that they may be bounced early in the playoffs, but you really think that this Bears team is no more talented than the 2002 Bears, under Jauron?  I think you are nuts, if you can't see that this is a much better team than that.  This Bears team has a ton more offensive talant than Jaurons' squad did...

As for the whole "they haven't beaten anybody" thing, that argument is getting harder and harder to make every year.  There just are not as many good teams as there used to be.  By "good teams" I mean dominant teams, like the 90's Cowboys, Bills, etc etc...the supposed "best teams" in the leauge right now (ie: Colts, Patriots, Bengals, Broncos,etc etc) have all looked far from invincible this year.  Who would the Bears have to beat, to pass your litmus test?  I gurantee you, which ever team, or teams, you answer with, somebody will insist that the team is overrated, "hasn't beaten anybody" etc etc...

Other than the fact that you are "exiled" in Illinois, why you hate the Bears so much?  Personally, I have been enjoying seeing them a lot this year, and fantacize that the Bills will be playing like them in a year or two.  As disgusting as todays' loss was for a Bills fan to stomach, I think our team is still headed in the right direction, we just got tattooed by the team that we seem to be emulating.  A good lesson, maybe, in the long run.

799481[/snapback]

0:)

You are utimately right.

They beat Seattle which is good.

To pass my test they have to win in the playoffs.

I guess this is where the disgust starts:

I don't necessarily hate the Bears... I hate all the attention they get when they start winning... And prove nothing... Just as Buffalo gets all the negative attention for dropping the four SBs. The Ditkaisms, the references to '85 and what not... Gets old and tired... Not that I didn't enjoy them beating the Patriots in 1985... I did... I rooted for them... I would have rooted for them against the Fins too. I just think that that team was over rated also, IMO... The true match up that year would have been a rematch of their only loss, against the Fins... Seems like everything falls into their lap at times and gets bolstered by that ONE year...

And YES! I am jealous!

:D:D:doh::D

You may ultimately be correct about the quality of the Bears oppenents, and that they may be bounced early in the playoffs, but you really think that this Bears team is no more talented than the 2002 Bears, under Jauron?  I think you are nuts, if you can't see that this is a much better team than that.  This Bears team has a ton more offensive talant than Jaurons' squad did...

As for the whole "they haven't beaten anybody" thing, that argument is getting harder and harder to make every year.  There just are not as many good teams as there used to be.  By "good teams" I mean dominant teams, like the 90's Cowboys, Bills, etc etc...the supposed "best teams" in the leauge right now (ie: Colts, Patriots, Bengals, Broncos,etc etc) have all looked far from invincible this year.  Who would the Bears have to beat, to pass your litmus test?  I gurantee you, which ever team, or teams, you answer with, somebody will insist that the team is overrated, "hasn't beaten anybody" etc etc...

Other than the fact that you are "exiled" in Illinois, why you hate the Bears so much?  Personally, I have been enjoying seeing them a lot this year, and fantacize that the Bills will be playing like them in a year or two.  As disgusting as todays' loss was for a Bills fan to stomach, I think our team is still headed in the right direction, we just got tattooed by the team that we seem to be emulating.  A good lesson, maybe, in the long run.

799481[/snapback]

Yeah, it's pretty easy to say any team isn't going to win the SB and then say I told you so when they don't. The "banged up Seattle team" comment is garbage - Alexander is a nice fantasy player who wouldn't have made one bit of difference in that game.

Funny thing about this NFL game... You play to win against whoever your opponent may be. You don't get to pick half your schedule vs pushovers like you do in college. You just go out, play football and compete to win each and every week. In the end the teams with more wins go to the playoffs.

Is it that hard to understand? What the heck is the obsession around here with ranking wins based on opponents? This is not college football. The playing field is pretty level in the NFL.

The Bears played 5 games. They won 5 games. They are the only team in the NFC to do so. They ARE the best team in the NFC.

The Bills, having won 2 of 5 are in the middle of the pack. They will be 3-3 with a win against Detroit. If they beat the Bears and lose to the Lions, they would still be 3-3 and in the middle of the pack. It just makes no sense to me why the discussion of quality of opponents.

If the goal of this team is, say 8-8 then who cares which 8 games they win?

If the goal of this team is, say 8-8 then who cares which 8 games they win?

799701[/snapback]

I think it matters... You always want to play and beat the best... Who cares if you lose to the terrible teams if your quest is 8-8.

You pick much better habits in beating the the good teams than failing to beat the poor teams... Which WILL eventually come bescause you beat the good teams.

Get it? Not sure if I really do... :lol:;)

That is why the Bears failed a few years ago going 13-3 and went one and out... Beating scrubs does nothing to make you better... Just makes you over confident and lazy in the long.

This was a very big game for the Bills and they blew it... Good think they get Indy and NE...

They will get better... If they played the Lions and Packers twice a year they might feel like world beaters.

Headline in the paper (local) said it all today:

Counterfeit Bills!

You pick much better habits in beating the the good teams than failing to beat the poor teams... Which WILL eventually come bescause you beat the good teams.

I'll agree with you up to a point. Elite teams win the games they should win, plus they beat the teams that are merely very good. Obviously, the long-term goal for the Bills should be to become elite enough to win the Super Bowl.

So which is worse: losing to the Dolphins or to the Patriots? I'd say the Patriots loss is worse, and here's why. Back when the Bills were 8-8 or 9-7, it seemed like the only way the Bills could beat the Patriots is if they cut a star player a week before the season began. The standard-issue outcome for a Bills/Patriots game was Bledsoe on the sideline with a defeated look in his eye, and a jubuliant Patriots team getting lots of love from the media. So even a 10-6 season would be fruitless, because at some point we'd face the Patriots in the playoffs, and we'd surely lose. So until the Bills figured out how to beat the Patriots, the road to the Super Bowl was barred. But if you lose to a weak Dolphins team on an off day, you can still go to the Super Bowl.

I'll agree with you up to a point.  Elite teams win the games they should win, plus they beat the teams that are merely very good.  Obviously, the long-term goal for the Bills should be to become elite enough to win the Super Bowl.

So which is worse: losing to the Dolphins or to the Patriots?  I'd say the Patriots loss is worse, and here's why.  Back when the Bills were 8-8 or 9-7, it seemed like the only way the Bills could beat the Patriots is if they cut a star player a week before the season began.  The standard-issue outcome for a Bills/Patriots game was Bledsoe on the sideline with a defeated look in his eye, and a jubuliant Patriots team getting lots of love from the media.  So even a 10-6 season would be fruitless, because at some point we'd face the Patriots in the playoffs, and we'd surely lose.  So until the Bills figured out how to beat the Patriots, the road to the Super Bowl was barred.  But if you lose to a weak Dolphins team on an off day, you can still go to the Super Bowl.

800195[/snapback]

I agree.

I also think the road to the SB is barred if you only beat up on weak teams... And have very few challenges.

IMO

I'll agree with you up to a point.  Elite teams win the games they should win, plus they beat the teams that are merely very good.

800195[/snapback]

You know, if an Elite team is playing a team that is 'merely very good', they should win that game, thus being a redundant statement.

:lol:

And yes, I am slamming the Bears... I am not impressed and defiant to the end.  I will be a believer when they win against a top team in the playoffs.

799294[/snapback]

This isn't the NCAA where there's a huge disparity in the talent that teams have. Even the bad teams in the NFL are competitive with the good teams (for the most part). Winning consistently in the NFL is the product of being a good team not of having an "easy" schedule.

This isn't the NCAA where there's a huge disparity in the talent that teams have.  Even the bad teams in the NFL are competitive with the good teams (for the most part).  Winning consistently in the NFL is the product of being a good team not of having an "easy" schedule.

800223[/snapback]

Oh... I think it is a little of both and which direction "your" division is going... Conference play has to be eliminated too...

You know, there is one way to shut my whining up... A 32 game season... Play each team once... :lol:;):w00t:

Think about it, we could have year round (well almost) football!

Believe it or not... The Patriots are starting to get more and more credit from me.

Adversity builds championships... When was the last champion that literally cruised through the whole season...

Heck, even when the Dolphins went perfect... and undefeated, they squeeked by Bills in the Orange bowl 24-23.

I am just not sold on the Bears D before say Baltimore and Denver have put out this year.

A DISCIPLINED Bills team and coaching staff would have gave the Bears a run for their money.

Of course when it comes to the media, national media, football and a Chicago Defense... The hype usually gets thick...

:w00t: