Holy Crapamoly!

SPIKES WARMUP: Takeo Spikes has been warming up for about 15 minutes. He did some pass drop drills with linebackers coach Matt Sheldon. He looked okay, but wasn't going full speed. He talked to Perry Fewell and Dick Jauron came out late. There was no head nodding or anything, but Jauron patted him on the back before going back into the locker room.

Aaron Schobel came out and talked to him to see if he was playing. Takeo made a gesture to him with his thumb and forefinger as if to say it's this close. When they were done talking though they gave each other a fist on fist bump and Schobel smiled. What does it all mean I'm not sure.

He's still out on the field running. Honestly it could be good news or bad news.

It could mean he's finishing warming it up to get ready to play (good news) or it could mean he's going through what his rehab regimen required for today if he can't play (bad news). I know that doesn't help much, but it's the best I could do from 300 yards away in a press box.

He's not ready yet.  I agree with the poster who said save him for the Pats because it appears he should be ready to play next weekend, but why bother?

798247[/snapback]

dammit! I think it's smart for him not to play. If he's not ready, then he's not ready. Next week, though, detroit better wear some extra padding, bcuz TKO is comin for them!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!  Again he's out.  Why?  Unless this has to do with hamstring injury he just sitting out on his own.  Could Spikes be purposely sitting himself out of games?  If so, we might cut him.

798239[/snapback]

WTF are you talking about?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!  Again he's out.  Why?  Unless this has to do with hamstring injury he just sitting out on his own.  Could Spikes be purposely sitting himself out of games?  If so, we might cut him.

798239[/snapback]

Any place in particular you have in mind?

The hand, a finger, the calf?

Cutting him isn't advised. He's injured already.

Why give him another injury?

That would prolong his healing process, wouldn't it?