Sabres win again! 3-0!

I'm amazed already. I was looking at the schedule coming out and they really kind of put it to us. I was hoping to get 4 points out of the first 3 (but really expecting only two). To get all six is remarkable.

Even better, the Canes lost AGAIN, this time to the Capitals. Ovechkin took FIFTEEN shots in the game. Carolina has ONE point, and Ottawa only two through 3 games.

It's still early but it was really important for our young team to get off to a good start as carryover from last season, just as it was for Ottawa to erase their memory of how last season ended. It'll be interesting to see how they and Carolina handle this adversity.

Maybe it was a bad idea to have 26 banner raising ceremonies.

798043[/snapback]

On the other hand, that's probably the only way to remind Raleigh that they have a team.

Sabres are off to an incredible start. This could really be a magical season.

Carolina has ONE point, and Ottawa only two through 3 games. 

It's still early but it was really important for our young team to get off to a good start as carryover from last season, just as it was for Ottawa to erase their memory of how last season ended.  It'll be interesting to see how they and Carolina handle this adversity.

798038[/snapback]

I have no doubts that Carolina will rebound. Ottawa, on the other hand, seems to have a real weakness in goal. Gerber(who I've never been thrilled with at the best of times) looks very, very average. And Emery is no solution as a starting netminder either. Maybe there is a deal there for the Sabres to deal Biron or Miller to the Sens? All depends on your attitude about a couple things though. First, would you want to trade such a valuble commodity within your own division? Maybe not. Also, some like the idea of having two starting calibre goalies on the roster. Kind of intriguing. It is nice, over the long season, to have two great goalies. Sharks are in the same position as the Sabres in this regard. We have Nabokov and Toskla. Both starters and both have looked good as they have started a game each. It would probably make more sense for the Sharks to trade to Ottawa since they are in different conferences. Anyway, just food for thought. Throwing it out there for discussion. Have not read any rumours or anything.