Lee Evans

Frez

When I see Lee Evans on the field this year this kid looks like a special player to me. IMHO we have a WR who is going to be very very good for a long time. Nothing fancy or no trash talking from him, he just goes out there and gets it done. I'll say it right now, Lee Evans is going to break some records here in Buffalo!

Just throw him the damn ball , JP. :lol:

Guest dog14787
When I see Lee Evans on the field this year this kid looks like a special player to me. IMHO we have a WR who is going to be very very good for a long time. Nothing fancy or no trash talking from him, he just goes out there and gets it done. I'll say it right now, Lee Evans is going to break some records here in Buffalo!

Just throw him the damn ball , JP.  ;)

797713[/snapback]

We have the best group of WR's in the league. Peerless Price is also going to turn some heads. :D

Throw Parish and Reed in the mix, with Mcgahee comming out of the backfield and we are deadly! :D

GOOOOOOOOOO BUFFALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :lol:

We have the best group of WR's in the league.  Peerless Price is also going to turn some heads.  :D

Throw Parish and Reed in the mix, with Mcgahee comming out of the backfield and we are deadly!  :D

GOOOOOOOOOO  BUFFALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :lol:

797745[/snapback]

we do seem to be getting some nice production out of our receivers....Other teams can double Lee all day, but we have other playmakers who can pick up the slack. I'm glad Peerless is making plays for us....I was glad to see him come back, but a little surprised at what we paid him. As long as he keeps making plays, though, who cares!

Just throw him the damn ball , JP.  :lol:

797713[/snapback]

His run-after-catch performance has been a pleasant surprise, he's not just an occasional HR threat anymore, he has the complete game.

Why a poor man's?  He's faster and probably stronger than Harrison.

797781[/snapback]

Well, he's nowhere near as prolific as Harrison...at least not yet.

Why a poor man's?  He's faster and probably stronger than Harrison.

797781[/snapback]

are you on drugs? your comaring Lee Evans (who is averaging less than 5 receptions a game) to a player who just passed ANDRE REED on the all-time receptions list ...

and you all were scoffing at me for not being a realist in the other thread :lol:

are you on drugs? your comaring Lee Evans (who is averaging less than 5 receptions a game) to a player who just passed ANDRE REED on the all-time receptions list ...

and you all were scoffing at me for not being a realist in the other thread  :lol:

797847[/snapback]

Obviously, Lee has a long, long, long way to go to be considered on Marvin's level but for argument's sake:

Harrison (1st 2 years)

Year Team G GS Rec Yds Avg Lg TD 20+ 40 +1st

1996 Indianapolis Colts 16 15 64 836 13.1 41 8 15 1 43

1997Indianapolis Colts 16 15 73 866 11.9 44 6 9 2 46

Evans (1st 2 years)

Year Team G GS Rec Yds Avg Lg TD 20+ 40 +1st

2004Buffalo Bills 16 11 48 843 17.6 69 9 12 6 38

2005Buffalo Bills 16 15 48 743 15.5 65 7 10 7 29

That's fairly close. Also, Evans wasn't a first option his first two years and had shaky (at best) QB play last year. Again, Lee has a got a way to go. However if JP keeps maturing the way he has this year, there is little doubt Evans will be an elite wr. I think he is that good.

:D

Obviously, Lee has a long, long, long way to go to be considered on Marvin's level but for argument's sake:

Harrison (1st 2 years)

Year    Team                  G    GS    Rec    Yds    Avg    Lg    TD    20+    40    +1st

1996 Indianapolis Colts    16    15    64    836    13.1    41    8    15    1    43

1997Indianapolis Colts    16    15    73    866    11.9  44    6    9    2    46

Evans (1st 2 years)

Year    Team        G    GS    Rec    Yds    Avg    Lg    TD    20+    40    +1st

2004Buffalo Bills    16    11    48    843    17.6    69    9    12    6    38

2005Buffalo Bills    16    15    48    743    15.5  65    7    10  7    29

That's fairly close.  Also, Evans wasn't a first option his first two years and had shaky (at best) QB play last year.  Again, Lee has a got a way to go.  However if JP keeps maturing the way he has this year, there is little doubt Evans will be an elite wr.  I think he is that good.

:lol:

797958[/snapback]

Nice job....and I agree, I think he'll be among the top 5 receivers in the game within the next few years.

Lee Evans = Torry Holt (well not yet, but close) to me...

797968[/snapback]

I wish we had a whole team of Torry Holts....When i still had NFL Network, i saw a piece on him and his work ethic. The guy works harder and better than just about anyone else, not just in the NFL, but in any sport. I have a ton of respect for the way the guy treats the game.