It helps when...

When we have a former Bears head coach, running back, guard on our team to give us some insight into Chicago. Right??

797233[/snapback]

It will help more with DJ, more so than CV and AT. being the coach and having coached against them while he was with the Lions. It will help the rookies an awful lot, just getting them ready for Soldier Field and what they can expect.

I realize DJ used to be the head coach of the bears 3 years ago, but why is it slipping by people our biggest advantage may be our dc perry fewell who's been with lovie smith for years, most recently with the bears just last season. If we have any advantage or insight into chicago it will be because of fewell imo.

It will help more with DJ, more so than CV and AT. being the coach and having coached against them while he was with the Lions.  It will help the rookies an awful lot, just getting them ready for Soldier Field and what they can expect.

797238[/snapback]

I was about to say the same thing. I don't think having a coach and player who haven't been with the team in years really matters much at all. Not any more than say R. Brown or Rusty will help the Bears this weekend. Jauron being in their division last year is a little bit of a help though. At least he's used to gameplanning for them.

I realize DJ used to be the head coach of the bears 3 years ago, but why is it slipping by people our biggest advantage may be our dc perry fewell who's been with lovie smith for years, most recently with the bears just last season.  If we have any advantage or insight into chicago it will be because of fewell imo.

797243[/snapback]

But again, that works both ways.

I realize DJ used to be the head coach of the bears 3 years ago, but why is it slipping by people our biggest advantage may be our dc perry fewell who's been with lovie smith for years, most recently with the bears just last season.  If we have any advantage or insight into chicago it will be because of fewell imo.

797243[/snapback]

I agree.

I don't really see it as an advantage. I'm pretty sure the Bears could just send us the defensive game plan, and I don't think it would make a difference. What does make a difference - the Bears have phenominally skilled defensive players, and they have have been running the same system with the same players for a few years now.

In the West Coast offense heyday in San Francisco, do you think there was anyone who didn't know exactly what to expect?