For those in favor of "a la carte" cable Tv

Fezmid

http://weblogs.jupiterresearch.com/analyst...bile_a_d_1.html

For starters 57% of viewers said they watched the channel (ESPN) sometimes, 16% all the time and 27% never. When asked how important the channel was to them, 45% responded somewhat important, 18% very important and 37% not important at all.

Then came the conversion questions: What action would you take if it were dropped from the program lineup? Suddenly 77% said they wouldn't do anything and the contingent who would consider switching (btw. DBS and cable) was down to 16%. The most important question from a business model point of view--What amount would you pay for ESPN a la carte?--drew a response from 72% of those polled that they wouldn't pay anything . The next largest group was the 9% who would pay $2/mo. And higher amounts of $5, $10 and $15/mo. drew 8%, 3% and 3% of the votes respectively.

I honestly don't see the point in including women in this poll. If you did the same poll about the Lifetime channel, you'd probably get even weaker results. But if you polled each target demographic ONLY (i.e. men for ESPN, women for Lifetime) you'd get much different results. Advertisers who buy time on ESPN aren't targeting women, and vice versa.

I honestly don't see the point in including women in this poll. If you did the same poll about the Lifetime channel, you'd probably get even weaker results. But if you polled each target demographic ONLY (i.e. men for ESPN, women for Lifetime) you'd get much different results. Advertisers who buy time on ESPN aren't targeting women, and vice versa.

796738[/snapback]

Yeah, except how many times have you seen something posted here like, "I want X, but my wife won't let me." From most people I talk to, the women are the ones controlling the finances, and I bet most of them wouldn't be willing to pay $2/mo for ESPN. :D

Makes me happy that I control the finances (with full support of my wife) in my household. :D

Yeah, except how many times have you seen something posted here like, "I want X, but my wife won't let me."  From most people I talk to, the women are the ones controlling the finances, and I bet most of them wouldn't be willing to pay $2/mo for ESPN. :D

Makes me happy that I control the finances (with full support of my wife) in my household. :D

796748[/snapback]

screw that, man lol....Men still need to have a clearly defined domain when it comes to marriage! :D

Yeah, except how many times have you seen something posted here like, "I want X, but my wife won't let me."  From most people I talk to, the women are the ones controlling the finances, and I bet most of them wouldn't be willing to pay $2/mo for ESPN. :lol:

Makes me happy that I control the finances (with full support of my wife) in my household. :devil:

796748[/snapback]

no way in a million years would i ever let my live in girlfriend or future wife tell me what tv channels we would buying!..