Ah, John Kerry...

DC Tom

August 15th: "Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry does not plan to visit Florida in the aftermath of Hurricane Charley because he is concerned his campaign entourage could distract from recovery efforts, he said Saturday."

August 20th: "Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry walked through a damaged trailer park and visited an emergency operations center Friday, joining a long line of politicians touring this hurricane-slammed area [Punta Gorda] in the largest swing state in the nation."

The man is the quintessential definition of "consistently inconsistent".

August 15th:  "Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry does not plan to visit Florida in the aftermath of Hurricane Charley because he is concerned his campaign entourage could distract from recovery efforts, he said Saturday."

August 20th: "Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry walked through a damaged trailer park and visited an emergency operations center Friday, joining a long line of politicians touring this hurricane-slammed area [Punta Gorda] in the largest swing state in the nation."

The man is the quintessential definition of "consistently inconsistent".

3508[/snapback]

Maybe, just maybe, going there a day after the hurricane would disrupt the recovery

effort. Going a week later may have been the right thing to do.

Maybe, just maybe, going there a day after the hurricane would disrupt the recovery

effort. Going a week later may have been the right thing to do.

3598[/snapback]

Yeah. As though the recovery effort is done. "I won't go THREE days after a category 4 hurricane wipes out a county, since I don't want to be disruptive. But they should be done cleaning up within 5 days, shouldn't they?" Nope. Keep trying. :w00t:

Yeah.  As though the recovery effort is done.  "I won't go THREE days after a category 4 hurricane wipes out a county, since I don't want to be disruptive.  But they should be done cleaning up within 5 days, shouldn't they?"  Nope.  Keep trying.  :w00t:

3826[/snapback]

:Yawn:

Yeah.  As though the recovery effort is done.  "I won't go THREE days after a category 4 hurricane wipes out a county, since I don't want to be disruptive.  But they should be done cleaning up within 5 days, shouldn't they?"  Nope.  Keep trying.  :w00t:

3826[/snapback]

C'mon Tom. He was showing "leadership." :huh:

Perhaps he remembered Bush showing up at Ground Zero the next day and forcing a bunch of first responders to cluster around while he did the bullhorn thing in front of the adoring media.

I guess he assumed that they all had nothing better to do, such as putting out the fires, looking for possible survivors, that sort of thing. Photo ops are MUCH more important.

Good point Blz. There's nothing more iritating that a politician who wants to horn in and grab the spotlight when there's work to be done. I watched that live too and saw they were herding rescue workers over there and except for a few of them up front everyone looked uncomfortable and preoccupied, like they'd rather be doing the jobs they came there to do.

Perhaps he remembered Bush showing up at Ground Zero the next day and forcing a bunch of first responders to cluster around while he did the bullhorn thing in front of the adoring media.

I guess he assumed that they all had nothing better to do, such as putting out the fires, looking for possible survivors, that sort of thing.  Photo ops are MUCH more important.

3877[/snapback]

It wasn't the next day. It was three or four days later. :w00t:

That's right.  We should be focusing on this instead of minutiae!

3873[/snapback]

I suppose Kerry's inconsistency on middle-class taxes is "minutiae", too? Or did you miss this past week where he said "The key to job growth is higher taxes for the middle class", after proposing middle-class tax cuts for a few months?

The hurricane thing is just one more example in a long and growing body of evidence that John Kerry's beliefs are almost completely whimsical, depending on the audience of the moment.

I guess he assumed that they all had nothing better to do, such as putting out the fires, looking for possible survivors, that sort of thing.  Photo ops are MUCH more important.

3877[/snapback]

Question: "What to you think about Kerry?"

Debbie's answer: "Bush sucks!"

:huh::w00t:

Yeah.  As though the recovery effort is done.  "I won't go THREE days after a category 4 hurricane wipes out a county, since I don't want to be disruptive.  But they should be done cleaning up within 5 days, shouldn't they?"  Nope.  Keep trying.  :rolleyes:

3826[/snapback]

actually he made the statement 1 and a half days after the category 4 storm hit and then seven days after. It makes perfectly good sense, they won't be done cleaning

up after this disaster for years but a week is time for people to collect themselves and start to cope with their situation. If he is elected he will be involved wilth the rebuilding

one way or another. You need to keep trying, for someone who thinks so highly of himself you say some dumb things.

Question: "What to you think about Kerry?"

Debbie's answer: "Bush sucks!"

:D  :rolleyes:

3946[/snapback]

Right now there are only two people that are going to win.

Even you gotta admit... That is a valid argument... Why would you want somebody in office that sucks. I think she has elaborated enough here why "Bush sucks". Why go through the littany every time?

Bush sucks! What futher detail. I send you my Bush sucks treatise.

:D

Well I suppose Bush DOES suck but when it comes to supercilious and smug it appears to me that would be DC Tom from what I've observed. I haven't seen anyone named Debbie posting here by the way, perhaps someone who knows her could alert her that you're talking about her behind her back.

Bush did not, it is true, visit ground zero until 9/14. He must have been too busy staying out of harm's way. Or perhaps on a bender.

Personally I'd vote for Harry Browne if he was running again.

Well I suppose Bush DOES suck but when it comes to supercilious and smug it appears to me that would be DC Tom from what I've observed.  I haven't seen anyone named Debbie posting here by the way, perhaps someone who knows her could alert her that you're talking about her behind her back.

Bush did not, it is true, visit ground zero until 9/14.  He must have been too busy staying out of harm's way. Or perhaps on a bender.

Personally I'd vote for Harry Browne if he was running again.

4178[/snapback]

That would be "Blzrul".

3877[/snapback]

Umm I missing something..

are you saying we were attacked by Huiricane Charlie??? or someone sent Charley as a weapon...

Sorry.... but you are pathetic.. there is a real difference between Rallying a demoralized country after an attack and responding to a natural disaster... If you can't see the difference your more blinded than I thought.

Personnally I see no problem with a politician (Kerry or Bush) responding to a natural disaster to offer words of encouragemanr and help out if needed...

Keep drinkg that Kool-aid!

Archived