Anyone have a good bloody mary recipe?

ACor58

This will work for you.

Fill a tall glass with ice.

Pour in a little more vodka than you think is a little too much over the ice.

Shake a bunch of pepper and a little salt, perhaps a little celery salt.

3-4 shakes of worcester.

Some real horseradish.

A bunch of tabasco.

A tiny bit of lemon juice, lime juice, and/or orange juice, but just a little. Lime probably works the best.

A little more vodka.

Then pour good tomato juice over it and shake 4-5 hard shakes.

A Garlic dill pickle works good, along with celery stick. Olives if you like them.

Put all the ingredients in before the tomato juice. Make sure you have a lot of vodka and a lot of ice.

This will work for you.

3-4 shakes of worcester.

Some real horseradish.

A bunch of tabasco.

A tiny bit of lemon juice, lime juice, and/or orange juice, but just a little. Lime probably works the best.

A little more vodka.

A Garlic dill pickle works good, along with celery stick. Olives if you like them.

Put all the ingredients in before the tomato juice. Make sure you have a lot of vodka and a lot of ice.

796265[/snapback]

I like the Garlic pickle idea. I also haven't used lime juice. I will definitely try this. Thanks Kelly.

I like the Garlic pickle idea. I also haven't used lime juice. I will definitely try this. Thanks Kelly.

796276[/snapback]

When making any drink, ice is very important. And the most important thing is filling the glass with ice but not over-filling it. The ice should be about 1/2 - 3/4" BELOW the top of the glass. One of the most stupid things you can do making a drink, which more than 50% of bartenders in bars do, is put more ice in a glass than fits. Because as soon as you pour the booze in, a large portion of it immediately flies out of the glass and you don't even notice. It bounces off the ice and you lose the best part, or have to use too much to get the right amount. If the ice is just below the lip, the booze will stay inside the glass and drink. Also use good tomato juice, and real horseradish. Along with real worcester and real tabasco. You'll make yourself a great drink.

I use the Blue Crab Sting Ray mix, unless I'm feeling adventurous, then I do this:

Boil Elbow Macaroni until soft. Drain as needed. Place Noodles in frying pan with 1/4 stick of butter and cook on low until half/most noodles get a crispy brown outside. Stir throughout cooking time so as not to have the noodles stick to frying pan. Next add the 3-4 eggs and stir so as to scramble them along with the noodles. When they are thouroughly scrambled and the noodles nice and crisp it's chow time.

I use the Blue Crab Sting Ray mix, unless I'm feeling adventurous, then I do this:

Boil Elbow Macaroni until soft. Drain as needed. Place Noodles in frying pan with 1/4 stick of butter and cook on low until half/most noodles get a crispy brown outside. Stir throughout cooking time so as not to have the noodles stick to frying pan. Next add the 3-4 eggs and stir so as to scramble them along with the noodles. When they are thouroughly scrambled and the noodles nice and crisp it's chow time.

796292[/snapback]

What no pickle juice or garlic

796292[/snapback]

I love a good Bloody Mary Rettata.

This will work for you.

3-4 shakes of worcester.

Some real horseradish.

A bunch of tabasco.

A little more vodka.

796265[/snapback]

If you don't want the actual Dill pickle (which sounds great) try adding some dill pickle juice. There's this little bar at the South end of Skaneattles lake and dill pickle juice was their "secret ingredient" in their oh-so-good bloody marys. :devil:

Not sure if you are familiar with Bloody Caesars or not but I prefer them to Mary's because they are a bit lighter.

Tall glass with ice

2 shots of Vodka

3 or 4 jiggers of Worcester

3 jiggers of Tobasco

3 shakes of Lemon Pepper

3 shakes of Celery Salt

Top it up with Clamato Juice

Mix it up!

1 stalk of Celery for garnish

Very nice before Bills games in the morning if you are tailgating especially. Most bars and restaurants out here dont know what you are talking about if you order it. You have to tell them how to mix it. Thats if they even have Clamato juice.

Not sure if you are familiar with Bloody Caesars or not but I prefer them to Mary's because they are a bit lighter.

Tall glass with ice

2 shots of Vodka

3 or 4 jiggers of Worcester

3 jiggers of Tobasco

3 shakes of Lemon Pepper

3 shakes of Celery Salt

Top it up with Clamato Juice

Mix it up!

1 stalk of Celery for garnish

Very nice before Bills games in the morning if you are tailgating especially. Most bars and restaurants out here dont know what you are talking about if you order it. You have to tell them how to mix it. Thats if they even have Clamato juice.

796725[/snapback]

Haven't had Clam juice before.