It's about time the NC double @ ssholes paid taxes

ACor58

So is the Catholic church & the USGA :devil:

796093[/snapback]

So are a lot of other organizations, but I think it is ridiculous that the NCAA is tax-exempt. (The same can be said for hospitals, colleges, etc.)

The NCAA earned $470MM or 90% if their operating revenue from Television and Marketing Rights Fees. I don't have much of a rebuttle for the USGA, other than the fact that they earn about 86% less than the NCCA does from Marketing and TV. They should be paying taxes also, at least on the net income earned from TV, etc.

Hospitals that are tax exempt are only so if they agree to care for people even if they have no way to pay. If a hospital is for profit and "turns away" patients they are not tax exempt.

Might want to research things before you make blanket statements.

Hospitals that are tax exempt are only so if they agree to care for people even if they have no way to pay.  If a hospital is for profit and "turns away" patients they are not tax exempt. 

Might want to research things before you make  blanket statements.

796141[/snapback]

I wasn't implying that all hospitals should not be tax exempt, just stating that the same could be said. I should have said "some hospitals".

I wasn't implying that all hospitals should not be tax exempt, just stating that the same could be said. I should have said "some hospitals".

796151[/snapback]

So I don't understand. Which hospitals that are tax exempt do you not want to be tax exempt.

If they have to pay taxes, I can assure that those that cannot pay will not get in. Too many malpractice, and insurance issues. There are lots of costs associated with a hospital, and one way they can be profitable and beholden to their board is by the ability to be tax exempt which quite frequently doesn't cover the coverage they provide for the poor and unable to pay.

You now are recomending even less coverage for the "lower class" citizens just to have a few million in tax revenue. Not sure as a country that is advisable.

Hospitals that are tax exempt are only so if they agree to care for people even if they have no way to pay.  If a hospital is for profit and "turns away" patients they are not tax exempt. 

Might want to research things before you make  blanket statements.

796141[/snapback]

i want a blanket .

I like the way in the article they mention that they are students at the university first before athletes. Yeah, the athletes are there for the education first. Thats why they all stay at the school til they graduated with a degree before deciding to turn pro. Its also why the NFL gets genius like scores on their wonderlic tests like Vince Young's score

Its not like the NCAA is not turning a profit or will lose money if they pay taxes. They build stadiums that are as good, maybe even better then some of the NFL stadiums, pay almost pro level contracts to coaches, and they should not have to pay taxes?

I like the way in the article they mention that they are students at the university first before athletes. Yeah, the athletes are there for the education first. Thats why they all stay at the school til they graduated with a degree before deciding to turn pro. Its also why the NFL gets genius like scores on their wonderlic tests like Vince Young's score

Its not like the NCAA is not turning a profit or will lose money if they pay taxes. They build stadiums that are as good, maybe even better then some of the NFL stadiums, pay almost pro level contracts to coaches, and they should not have to pay taxes?

796185[/snapback]

For every Vince Young there are thousands of other who truely are there for an education that are on athlete scholarships. Do not condemn all for the stupidity of the Vince Youngs and Jason Peters who score 3 on their wonderlics.

So I don't understand.  Which hospitals that are tax exempt do you not want to be tax exempt. 

If they have to pay taxes, I can assure that those that cannot pay will not get in.   Too many malpractice, and insurance issues.  There are lots of costs associated with a hospital, and one way they can be profitable and beholden to their board is by the ability to be tax exempt which quite frequently doesn't cover the coverage they provide for the poor and unable to pay. 

You now are recomending even less coverage for the "lower class" citizens just to have a few million in tax revenue.   Not sure as a country that is advisable.

796168[/snapback]

Holy crap, will you please stop trying to pick a fight, are you really that bored? My argument was about the NCAA not paying taxes.

Hospitals are a whole different animal altogether. I only said the same can be said for hospitals as a general statement because it has been mentioned before. (Like when UPMC realized profits of $512 million for FYE06.)