Unbiased Baseball Playoff Predictions

taterhill

this is the way I see it....remember that most of the time....great pitching will neutralize great hitting in the playoffs....esp in a short series......

NATIONAL LEAGUE

Cardinals 3 Dodgers 0...Dodgers are a great story, but when you are bringing Odalis Perez and Jeff Weaver out as your studs....you have problems...Gagne will have to be a 3 inning stopper to get this team out of this round....

Astros 3 Braves 2...the Astros are the hottest team in baseball have 2 stud SP's, the hottest closer in the game, and 5 stud hitters....the Braves are crafty and will make this a series...but in the end not enough....

Cardinals 4 Astros 2...if the astros can get their SP back in order with a short series vs the Braves, then this prediction would change, but only getting Oswalt and Clemens 2 games will cost the 'Stros...St Louis will mash their way to the World Series....

American League

Yankees 3 Twins 2..Santana will be Nasty, but can only pitch 2 games...Yanks are playoff savvy and will gut this one out...

Red Sox 3 Angels 1...again the Angels SP, other than Bartolo do not scare me..unfortunatley for Fatolo, he will have to fave Schilling twice, whic in my book= 2 losses

Red Sox 4 Yankees 3...in another epic battle....the Sox will kick the curse of the Bambino right in the junk....Yanks will be able to gut out a 5 game sereis vs the Twins, but will not have enough to overcome the dirtbag hitters of bahhhhstan....

WORLD SERIES...

Red Sox 4 Cardinals 2

Schilling is a stud, D Lowe will find himself, and Pedro, running on fumes, will nut it up as the strong SP of the Sox will hold the Cardinals hitting studs at bay...Keith Foulke will be the key... as long as he does not go BY Kim on the Sox, then the most annoying sports fans in America, will become 10x worse...God I hope I am wrong

Here are my quick predictions:

Boston over Anaheim in 5

Twins over Yankees in 5 - Santana + No El Duqe + Vasquez = Upset

St Louis over Los Angeles in 4

Houston over Atlanta in 5

ALCS:

Boston over Minnesota in 6

NLCS:

Houston over St Louis in 7 - dont really feel confident about this at all, but see below why it may make some sense lol

World Series: Boston vs Houston

Reason I made this pick in the first place, has anyone seen the shirts called the "Killer B's (Boone, Bucky, Babe, Buckner), all the B's that seems to show up as part of the Red Sox "curse"? Well lets flash back to 1990 (I believe that was the correct year) when the Red Sox made was is now considered one of the worst trades of all-time, trading for vetern P Larry Anderson and giving up Jeff Bagwell.

So you have many B's to choose from: Jeff Bagwell, Carlos Beltran, Craig Biggio, or even Lance Berkman.....I say another "B" does the Red Sox in and 1918 lives!!!

HOUSTON IN 7!!!!

Here are my quick predictions:

Boston over Anaheim in 5

Twins over Yankees in 5 - Santana + No El Duqe + Vasquez = Upset

St Louis over Los Angeles in 4

Houston over Atlanta in 5

ALCS:

Boston over Minnesota in 6

NLCS:

Houston over St Louis in 7 - dont really feel confident about this at all, but see below why it may make some sense lol

World Series: Boston vs Houston

Reason I made this pick in the first place, has anyone seen the shirts called the "Killer B's (Boone, Bucky, Babe, Buckner), all the B's that seems to show up as part of the Red Sox "curse"?  Well lets flash back to 1990 (I believe that was the correct year) when the Red Sox made was is now considered one of the worst trades of all-time, trading for vetern P Larry Anderson and giving up Jeff Bagwell.

So you have many B's to choose from:  Jeff Bagwell, Carlos Beltran, Craig Biggio, or even Lance Berkman.....I say another "B" does the Red Sox in and 1918 lives!!!

HOUSTON IN 7!!!!

57231[/snapback]

Although I don't like you as a Yankee fan calling for them to be upset. If it happens I like the rest of your analogy. If the Yankees get upset then they get upset and George will get us some pitching this offseason and we'll be right back in it next year. IF we do get beat though I will route for anyone but Boston. Houston will be my first choice because of Roger. That way I don't have to hear stevestojan from the Red Sux fans or BF... :devil:

Although I don't like you as a Yankee fan calling for them to be upset. If it happens I like the rest of your analogy. If the Yankees get upset then they get upset and George will get us some pitching this offseason and we'll be right back in it next year. IF we do get beat though I will route for anyone but Boston. Houston will be my first choice because of Roger. That way I don't have to hear stevestojan from the Red Sux fans or BF... :devil:

57238[/snapback]

USMC, it was tough to do it, but I cannot bear the thought of ever losing to the Red Sox, so for this theory of mine to come together, I didnt want us Yankees fans to ever have to endure losing to the Sox in the playoffs! :doh:

And besides, my predictions usually suck LOL, so hopefully Im wrong and the Yankees win #27!

USMC, it was tough to do it, but I cannot bear the thought of ever losing to the Red Sox, so for this theory of mine to come together, I didnt want us Yankees fans to ever have to endure losing to the Sox in the playoffs!  :devil:

And besides, my predictions usually suck LOL, so hopefully Im wrong and the Yankees win #27!

57244[/snapback]

Ok C. I see your logic. The Yankees will never lose to Boston in the playoffs though. Just won't happen. I refuse to ever believe that...

Guest Guest_AstrosShortstop_*

ASTROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all the way BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!wooooooooooooooo!

Go Braves.

As good as Houston is and as hot as Houston is everyone seems to be overlooking the facts that in the last week and a half of the season we knocked the Marlins and the Cubs out of the playoffs.

We won 6 out of our last 8.

Our team ERA is second best in the NL.

Jaret Wright and John Thomson since the all star break (going 1&2)

Jaret 9-3 3.04 ERA

John 7-1 2.52 ERA

Clemens and Oswalt since all star break

Rocket 8-1 3.24 ERA

Oswalt 10-3 3.51 ERA

And the lineup of these two two teams are basically the same.

Will the Braves sweep? No. Will they win the series? Absolutely if the pitching stays hot. Perhaps we have a bunch of overachievers in the starting staff...but somehow Leo M always seems to get the most out of so-called scrubs.

this is the way I see it....remember that most of the time....great pitching will neutralize great hitting in the playoffs....esp in a short series......

NATIONAL LEAGUE

Cardinals 3 Dodgers 0...Dodgers are a great story, but when you are bringing Odalis Perez and Jeff Weaver out as your studs....you have problems...Gagne will have to be a 3 inning stopper to get this team out of this round....

Astros 3 Braves 2...the Astros are the hottest team in baseball have 2 stud SP's, the hottest closer in the game, and 5 stud hitters....the Braves are crafty and will make this a series...but in the end not enough....

Cardinals 4 Astros 2...if the astros can get their SP back in order with a short series vs the Braves, then this prediction would change, but only getting Oswalt and Clemens 2 games will cost the 'Stros...St Louis will mash their way to the World Series....

American League

Yankees 3 Twins 2..Santana will be Nasty, but can only pitch 2 games...Yanks are playoff savvy and will gut this one out...

Red Sox 3 Angels 1...again the Angels SP, other than Bartolo do not scare me..unfortunatley for  Fatolo, he will have to fave Schilling twice, whic in my book= 2 losses

Red Sox 4 Yankees 3...in another epic battle....the Sox will kick the curse of the Bambino right in the junk....Yanks will be able to gut out a 5 game sereis vs the Twins, but will not have enough to overcome the dirtbag hitters of bahhhhstan....

WORLD SERIES...

Red Sox 4 Cardinals 2

Schilling is a stud, D Lowe will find himself, and Pedro, running on fumes, will nut it up as the strong SP of the Sox will hold the Cardinals hitting studs at bay...Keith Foulke will be the key... as long as he does not go BY Kim on the Sox, then the most annoying sports fans in America, will become 10x worse...God I hope I am wrong

57193[/snapback]

Those seem to be the popular picks on ESPN as well.

I'll go with Angels over Yanks in the ALCS, and Cards over Braves in NLCS.

Houston and Boston just have to show me they can get it done when it matters. Everyone seems to forget that the Sox get swept by Oakland last year if not for some bad umpiring.

• 2 weeks later...