Opinions on NFL announcers

GoBillsDB

Just saw a, "Phil Simms sucks" thread posted earlier and I got to thinking. I'm always seeing posts on how horrible this announcer is or how anti-Buffalo that one is. I think we've had posts discussing nearly every announcer and how awful each one is. So a question. Are there any announcers that don't suck?

I myself could care less what the announcers say. I just watch the game. If they say something stupid or something I know not to be true (like Jauron is in his 2nd year as Bills coach) I laugh at it and continue to watch the game. So I ask again, which announcers don't suck?

Just saw a, "Phil Simms sucks" thread posted earlier and I got to thinking.  I'm always seeing posts on how horrible this announcer is or how anti-Buffalo that one is.  I think we've had posts discussing nearly every announcer and how awful each one is.  So a question.  Are there any announcers that don't suck? 

I myself could care less what the announcers say.  I just watch the game.  If they say something stupid or something I know not to be true (like Jauron is in his 2nd year as Bills coach) I laugh at it and continue to watch the game.  So I ask again, which announcers don't suck?

795487[/snapback]

Jaws, but he doesn't actually announce the games besides the first one on Sunday nights.

I wish he announced every game I watched.

Just saw a, "Phil Simms sucks" thread posted earlier and I got to thinking.  I'm always seeing posts on how horrible this announcer is or how anti-Buffalo that one is.  I think we've had posts discussing nearly every announcer and how awful each one is.  So a question.  Are there any announcers that don't suck? 

I myself could care less what the announcers say.  I just watch the game.  If they say something stupid or something I know not to be true (like Jauron is in his 2nd year as Bills coach) I laugh at it and continue to watch the game.  So I ask again, which announcers don't suck?

795487[/snapback]

I used to just set up the DVR and sync up the delay with the Buffalo radio broadcast of the game. Can't beat pro Buffalo announcers, and I really like the Bills radio team. For TV guys I liked the 2nd Monday Night football crew. Vermeil was outstanding. Theisman IMO is the worst announcer in the business. He's so slow to pick up sarcasm, and has that I'm always right complex that I just loath in the real world.