Sunday night flex games start 11/12

I believe that they said they would give something like 7-10 days notice of a game shange.  The more time, the better, so those of us travelling from out of town will be able to make arrangements.

795473[/snapback]

I am sure there will be plenty of notice but do we even have a chance?

Here's an article....

and here's the rule....

For Weeks 10-15 and Week 17, the final regular-season weekend, all Sunday games will be listed with start times of 1 p.m. or 4:05-4:15 p.m. EST.

The league must then announce which match will be played Sunday night at least 12 days before the date of the game.

The lone exception is the season finale on Dec. 31, when the switch must be made no later than six days before the game.

Only Sunday games are subject to the flexible schedule that is part of the NFL's $3.6 billion contract with NBC for the Sunday night package.

Here's an article....

and here's the rule....

For Weeks 10-15 and Week 17, the final regular-season weekend, all Sunday games will be listed with start times of 1 p.m. or 4:05-4:15 p.m. EST.

The league must then announce which match will be played Sunday night at least 12 days before the date of the game.

The lone exception is the season finale on Dec. 31, when the switch must be made no later than six days before the game.

Only Sunday games are subject to the flexible schedule that is part of the NFL's $3.6 billion contract with NBC for the Sunday night package.

795515[/snapback]

But does the owner have the option of declining?

Looking at the schedule the chances of Buffalo getting a Sunday Night game are slim to none. Even if we do keep winning, nearly every week we have a solid opponent an NFL darling is also playing a good opponent. Here is a list of the weeks we have a chance, and the competition for that week. I would say our best chance from the card is week 13 Chargers at Bills. Bold games are the ones I feel will knock of us out of contention.

Week 10

Bills at Colts

------------------------------

Competition

-----------------------------

Bears at Giants

Saints at Steelers

Chargers at Bengals

Redskins at Eagles

Week 12

Jaguars at Bills

Competition

Bears at Patriots Guaranteed

Saints at Falcons

Eagles at Colts

Steelers at Ravens

-------------------------------

Week 13

Chargers at Bills

Competition

Falcons at Redskins

Cowboys at Giants

Vikings at Chicago

Seahawks at Denver

Week 17

Buffalo at Baltimore

Competition

Falcons at Eagles

Panthers at Saints

Jaguars at Chiefs

Steelers at Bengals

According to the article, only the networks (CBS/Fox) can say "no" to a time switch, since it would take a game from them and give it to NBC.

795528[/snapback]

But I heard that they have to choose the games they are protecting in weeks 10-17 THIS WEEK. That makes it tough, as a lot can change in six weeks. Think about CBS protecting a big Indianapolis game, and then Manning gets hurt.

But I heard that they have to choose the games they are protecting in weeks 10-17 THIS WEEK.  That makes it tough, as a lot can change in six weeks.  Think about CBS protecting a big Indianapolis game, and then Manning gets hurt.

795536[/snapback]

Apparently that's correct....

What to Watch: CBS, Fox on wrong end of NFL's 'flexible' schedule

Looking at the schedule the chances of Buffalo getting a Sunday Night game are slim to none. Even if we do keep winning, nearly every week we have a solid opponent an NFL darling is also playing a good opponent. Here is a list of the weeks we have a chance, and the competition for that week. I would say our best chance from the card is week 13 Chargers at Bills.  Bold games are the ones I feel will knock of us out of contention.

Week 10

Bills at Colts

Competition

-----------------------------

Bears at Giants

Saints at Steelers

Chargers at Bengals

Redskins at Eagles

Week 12

Jaguars at Bills

Competition

Bears at Patriots Guaranteed

Saints at Falcons

Eagles at Colts

Steelers at Ravens

-------------------------------

Week 13

Chargers at Bills

Competition

Falcons at Redskins

Cowboys at Giants

Vikings at Chicago

Seahawks at Denver

Week 17

Buffalo at Baltimore

Competition

Falcons at Eagles

Panthers at Saints

Jaguars at Chiefs

Steelers at Bengals

795527[/snapback]

We still have a chance. It just depends on the records of the teams. If Week 13 comes down to a 8-4 chargers VS 8-4 Bills competing against the 6-6 Cowboys VS 7-5 Giants (just an example) then I think Buffalo gets the nod. As a rule I think most AFC games will get the nod over NFC games because there is more competition in the AFC.

I think Week 10 is our best shot. Being a Billsaholic I believe we have a shot at going 5-3( beating Det, NE, and GB) or *cross-your-fingers* 6-2 against the 7-1 Colts then I think we have a good chance of getting the game.

We still have a chance. It just depends on the records of the teams. If Week 13 comes down to a 8-4 chargers VS 8-4 Bills competing against the 6-6 Cowboys VS 7-5 Giants (just an example) then I think Buffalo gets the nod. As a rule I think most AFC games will get the nod over NFC games because there is more competition in the AFC.

I think Week 10 is our best shot. Being a Billsaholic I believe we have a shot at going 5-3( beating Det, NE, and GB) or *cross-your-fingers* 6-2 against the 7-1 Colts then I think we have a good chance of getting the game.

795616[/snapback]

Don't forget, NFL and TV execs LOVE snow games...Very compelling television...Bills-Jags or Bills-Chargers in December....Hmmmm....