Some motivation for the Bears game

Just reading the the ESPN power rankings. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking...son=2006&week=5

Bills at #21 Vikings at #20 ?? WTF... How is that possible..well I know ESPN's slant

and Pastabelly's dislike for the Bills but man..this aggrevates me.

I dont think anyone will pick the Bills to win this week...I hope every player on the team is aware of that and plays with a chip on his shoulder.

Go Bills..

No one *should* pick the Bills to win this week. Besides, if my team needs to read ESPN's power rankings to get themselves motivated, there's a problem.

A much more likely source of motivation might be the Bills' desire to "win one for Dick" as he returns to the site where he was unceremoniously dumped.

A much more likely source of motivation might be the Bills' desire to "win one for Dick" as he returns to the site where he was unceremoniously dumped.

795259[/snapback]

"Unceremoniously dumped?" Like he deserved to keep his job? Look at his record @ Chicago:

• 1999 6-10
  • 2000 5-11
  • 2001 13-3 plus a playoff loss
  • 2002 4-12
  • 2003 7-9

That's a record of 35-46 (43%). He had one fluke winning season in 2001, that's it. Why Buffalo took him on as HC with his poor performance is beyond me. I'm glad that da Bears have finally gotten the stench of Wannstedt and Jauron off of themselves...

"Unceremoniously dumped?"  Like he deserved to keep his job?  Look at his record @ Chicago:

•  

• 1999 6-10

• 2000 5-11

• 2002 4-12

• 2003 7-9

That's a record of 35-46 (43%).  He had one fluke winning season in 2001, that's it.  Why Buffalo took him on as HC with his poor performance is beyond me.  I'm glad that da Bears have finally gotten the stench of Wannstedt and Jauron off of themselves...

795309[/snapback]

That stretch COULDN'T have ahd anything to do with the utterly inept McCaskeys, , could it?

:rolleyes:

That stretch COULDN'T have ahd anything to do with the utterly inept McCaskeys, , could it?

:rolleyes:

795313[/snapback]

You mean the geniuses that hired Dick in the first place? :P

But the McCaskeys had nothing to do with Jauron's 1-4 record @ Detroit...

"Unceremoniously dumped?"  Like he deserved to keep his job?  Look at his record @ Chicago:

•  
  • 1999 6-10

• 2000 5-11

• 2002 4-12

• 2003 7-9

That's a record of 35-46 (43%).  He had one fluke winning season in 2001, that's it.  Why Buffalo took him on as HC with his poor performance is beyond me.  I'm glad that da Bears have finally gotten the stench of Wannstedt and Jauron off of themselves...

795309[/snapback]

Hey Belushi, not for nothin but you guys havent done anything yet but show how to lose home field advantage in the playoffs. Before you start attacking DJ, I would look in the mirror there. You guys play in a weak division. We are going to knock off our second strait Norris opponent.

•  
  • 1999 6-10

• 2000 5-11

• 2002 4-12

• 2003 7-9

795309[/snapback]

I thought we'd been through this before... After the 2001 season (in which he won Coach of the Year honors), he and the Bears were forced to play 16 road games in 2002. The following year the team was torn apart with injuries -- and most people around the league felt that Jauron overachieved to even get to 7-9. He was also a lame duck coach by that point, as it was obvious that Angelo wanted to bring in "his" guy. Forget about the interim job in Detroit...

I thought we'd been through this before... After the 2001 season (in which he won Coach of the Year honors), he and the Bears were forced to play 16 road games in 2002. The following year the team was torn apart with injuries -- and most people around the league felt that Jauron overachieved to even get to 7-9.  He was also a lame duck coach by that point, as it was obvious that Angelo wanted to bring in "his" guy. Forget about the interim job in Detroit...

795417[/snapback]

Apparently not with the Bears fans.