Run more or pass more vs. Chicago?

Well that's hard to decide because Chicago's defense is THE best in the nfl.  We saw what they did to Seattle.  Couldn't run the ball or pass it.  I say RUN THE BALL!

794953[/snapback]

I wouldn't use Seattle without its No. 1 weapon as much of an arbiter of what we should do. Especially since that weapon is a versatile running back.

I think we might have a tad more success up the middle against these guys than against some of the other teams we've faced. They are No. 21 against the run. In some ways, they kind of mirror what we try to do, which is deal with giving up some yards on the run and tighten up in the short situations. Bend, don't break, as it were.

In any case, the run MUST be established and that means turnover-free football, again. It's been what's keeping this young, learning team in games. If we can somehow force a Grossman mistake it just might be possible to win this one. The one thing we need to do is force a mistake, then capitalize on it with a TD. That's been one failing of this Bills squad so far.

We'll see in 4 days, won't we? :rolleyes:

Whatever works. Run as much as you can in the first instance. Our run game is among the best in the league and we might as well go with our strength. I think a strategy that is based on running and ball control with an occassional bomb thrown to keep them from cheating to stop the run. (Okay, okay...I can see the argument that so far they haven't had to cheat to stop the run..but what the hell.) might be the best way to go. The problem is there isn't a defensive weakness to exploit. We just have to do what we do best and do it better.

Whatever works.  Run as much as you can in the first instance.  Our run game is among the best in the league and we might as well go with our strength.  I think a strategy that is based on running and ball control with an occassional bomb thrown to keep them from cheating to stop the run.  (Okay, okay...I can see the argument that so far they haven't had to cheat to stop the run..but what the hell.) might be the best way to go. The problem is there isn't a defensive weakness to exploit.  We just have to do what we do best and do it better.

794972[/snapback]

With that said I would love to see more mixing it up with the run game. Really one-dimensional with Thomas all of a sudden when I thought he was going to be a great change of pace after game one. I wonder if he might be injured or at least nicked up a bit.

Chicago is NOT No. 21 againsit the run. They are #7 allowing 80.8 yards/game.

794977[/snapback]

Right you are. I can't read. :rolleyes:

I still think the run needs to be established. We can only do that if we maintain possession and don't turn the ball over. I stand by the rest of my statements and reserve the right to change my mind. :P;)