Some 2007 Free Agents

Oh I see. Because the previous coaches and players aren't living up to expectations elsewhere, it negates what they did in NE, is THAT it? :doh:

And congrats, the Pats "rolled the AFC East" last year. They fell far short of the SB though, which was my REAL prediction, like it is this year. My contention wasn't that they sucked, just that they're not the team they used to be, and that's pretty clear to most people.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- AV being hurt doesn't discredit him. Players get hurt.

Injury history and probability of future injury factors into the decision to re-sign or not to re-sign a player. Vinatieri had injury issues in his last few years with the Pats, and the fact that more problems are cropping up makes the Pats seem pretty wise for not ponying up big money for an aging kicker with injury problems.

Oh I see. Because the previous coaches and players aren't living up to expectations elsewhere, it negates what they did in NE, is THAT it? :doh:

It simply lends credence to the argument that the guys who left were not as good as they seemed when they were with the Patriots.

And congrats, the Pats "rolled the AFC East" last year. They fell far short of the SB though, which was my REAL prediction, like it is this year.

In a league with as many teams as the NFL, every team is less likely to win the championship than it is to not win it. Thus, your prediction is hardly a prediction at all - more like a stated reiteration of conventional wisdom.

Or do you expect me to praise you in the morning if you predict that the sun will rise in the east?

I'm going to take the middle road in this debate, as I do in all debates. New England has taken a step backward from its Super Bowl days. Not as big a step backward as Mad Buffalo Disease may wish, but a bigger one than perhaps HD is willing to admit to. But the main pieces are still in place--Belichick, Brady, Matt Light, etc. Add in a few players to flesh out the current Patriots team, and you might see Belichick hoisting the Lombardi Trophy once again. I doubt it will happen this year, but it might well happen in the next few years.

It simply lends credence to the argument that the guys who left were not as good as they seemed when they were with the Patriots.

They were "not as good as they seemed?" Vinatieri was one of the major reasons the Pats won those SB's. Just because he's injured now doesn't change that fact. To think that he was only good because he played on the Pats is funny. And Brady's stats have taken a nosedive this year, thanks in large part to losing his WR's. And as for the coordinators, it's been said that Parcells couldn't win a SB without Belichick. Can Belichick win a SB without Weis and Crennel? I guess we'll find out eventually.

In a league with as many teams as the NFL, every team is less likely to win the championship than it is to not win it.  Thus, your prediction is hardly a prediction at all - more like a stated reiteration of conventional wisdom.

Or do you expect me to praise you in the morning if you predict that the sun will rise in the east?

I said that the Pats aren't what they used to be. You took offense to it. Basically they're the best of a bad division, although the other teams shows signs of turning things around. All good teams fade. It's okay to accept that reality.

One guy I'd want the Bills to take a look at, depending on his physical, is C Dan Koppen of the Pats.  You KNOW that the Pats won't pay him a lot of money.

794535[/snapback]

Hate when this happens... :doh:

"PATRIOTS: Center Dan Koppen was signed to a five-year extension. ESPN, which first reported the deal, said it was worth nearly $20 million."

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...0379/1067/SPT02

If we signed Dockett it will be the first time in my life a man gave me an orgasim. That is if you don't count self inflicted man orgasims. Now would be a good time to shut up.  :huh:

803125[/snapback]

Well, thank God we don't have to worry about that happening anymore.

Dockett