Some 2007 Free Agents

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One guy I'd want the Bills to take a look at, depending on his physical, is C Dan Koppen of the Pats.  You KNOW that the Pats won't pay him a lot of money.

794535[/snapback]

You don't think the investment in Fowler is worthwhile? We should take a guy who is playing well and gelling with his line-mates and dump him for Koppen? Koppen is a good player but this doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

I've been completely satisfied with Fowler at center.  We could use an upgrade at RG and at a tackle spot (but we're not really desperate).    Probably will need a capable starting CB, FB, and maybe another LB to throw in the mix.  What can be addressed in the draft, also a little early to say

794600[/snapback]

We need a dominating LT, who will not require the TE to support him on every play. We need the TEs to be part of the passing game. Preston will be fine at

RG. We need to build depth on the OL through FA and draft.

My mouth is just salivating at the thought of having Freeney on our defense.

794800[/snapback]

I like the guys we have over Freeney. All our ends are solid in run support. Freeney just runs straight downfield. He's good at what he does, but he'll be expensive, and right now our problem is stopping the run on D, and he can't help us much there (5 tackles in 4 games this season, 0 sacks).

Honestly, I think we have a solid core, and should continue to build through the draft, and use free agency to get solid role players rather than expensive big names.

Youboty hasn't played a down in the NFL and you'd be cool with having him as your #2 CB? Or Greer who currently rotates with Thomas as our nickel corner because each has a glaring weakness?

We'll need a vet to replace Nate until Youboty is ready to start, whether it's Samuel or someone else.

794652[/snapback]

That's why you can always lean back on Milwaukee. The BEAST.

If/When we lose Nate don’t expect Buffalo to bring in another high profile guy. In fact I wouldn’t expect the Bills to bring in any replacement. Cover 2 corners are about the least critical position in this scheme. Sure we can do something’s now with great corner talent that other cover 2 teams might not be able to, but our corners are still mainly responsible for short zone coverage. If it's not Youbouty, it might be Thomas, or it could even be another draft pick next year. It won't be a high profile FA.

Freeney would be great to add in Madden even if, in the real world, teams have figured out his one-dimension. Leonard Davis probably has the single greatest mugshot on NFL.com, even if he isn't the franchise tackle many hoped for. Therefore: I like both those guys to be Bills next year!

:rolleyes:

Not me.

Well that makes 2 of us. I was only talking about the reticence of the Pats' organization to pay-out large money contracts to anyone not named Brady or Seymour. And I'm sure that had Brady known that Krafty would be hoarding his money, he wouldn't have agreed to take less than he could have gotten on the open market.

Well that makes 2 of us.  I was only talking about the reticence of the Pats' organization to pay-out large money contracts to anyone not named Brady or Seymour.

So the Pats don't re-sign good players to large contracts, except when they do?

And I'm sure that had Brady known that Krafty would be hoarding his money, he wouldn't have agreed to take less than he could have gotten on the open market.

I had no idea you've gone beyond Nostradamesque predictions all the way to mind reading!

So the Pats don't re-sign good players to large contracts, except when they do?

So the Pats only have 2 good players? :P

I had no idea you've gone beyond Nostradamesque predictions all the way to mind reading!

;) Doesn't take a mind-reader to know what Brady was thinking when Branch was traded with the Pats sitting over $10M UNDER the cap.

So the Pats only have 2 good players? :w00t:

I didn't say that.

I'm simply noting that your claims that the Patriots don't pay big money for players doesn't fit with the fact that in the '05 off-season, the team committed big money to not one, but two players.

Also, I notice that you conveniently ignored Rosevelt Colvin's sizable contact, and the fact the Patriots were willing to commit $20+ million to Derrick Mason in the same '05 off-season in which they committed big money to Brady and Seymour.

In any event, implying that team doesn't foolishly throw around money is hardly an insult.

:lol:   Doesn't take a mind-reader to know what Brady was thinking when Branch was traded with the Pats sitting over $10M UNDER the cap.

He was probably thinking that with an extra first round pick, his team could get younger and better for the present and the future. With the Patriots' recent history of 1st round picks ('01 and later), how could he complain?