Pass Interference call

I was at the game and did not hear any of the commentary or in-game game analysis.

Late in the game, 4th quarter I believe a Minnesota Vikings receiver was running over the middle and appeared to have tripped over a referee when the ball was heading towards him. A very late flag was thrown and the Bills were called for interference.

Someone please clear this up for me and everyone else that was at the game and didn't quite get how a Bill pass interfered when it appeared that the ref did the interfering.

I was at the game and did not hear any of the commentary or in-game game analysis.

Late in the game, 4th quarter I believe a Minnesota Vikings receiver was running over the middle and appeared to have tripped over a referee when the ball was heading towards him.  A very late flag was thrown and the Bills were called for interference.

Someone please clear this up for me and everyone else that was at the game and didn't quite get how a Bill pass interfered when it appeared that the ref did the interfering.

793257[/snapback]

Actually it was a good call. Denney, I believe it was, mugged the receiver.

my question on that is regarding the timing

Our DL (Denny or Kelsay) initiated contact before the pass. Is it simply a judgment call on the field? or is it PI because contact continued through when the ball was in the air?