Haynesworth

Indy Dave

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Albert got suspended five games without pay for yesterday's step on the face. I thought he'd get less. Good for the NFL.

793193[/snapback]

WOW. I was thinking that he'd only get 4 games at the most, but he would still get paid. He is lucky that he didn't stomp the guys eyeball out.

Peter King said he would get off with a 25K fine only.  Your source must be wrong. 0:)

793199[/snapback]

especially, when "he got off the phone from his contact".....Peter please go eat your crow-sh--....This guy has been an embarassment.....The guy is

so biased in his opinions....

He makes about 38K a game on his 2006 salary. So his fine is about $190,000, which is fairly expensive. However, since the league counts a player's signing bonus amortized, as if that is how much he is getting per season (which is a more accurate figure even though he gets a lot up front), I think the fines in these kinds of things should have the signing bonus included, and be forced to give some of that back. He's actually making closer to 2-3 million a year for this year rather than 650K, which his contract calls for.

Way too light.  Season suspension, at a minimum, would have been the appropriate move, combined with a criminal prosecution.  I guess we can still hope for a prosecution.  It was an assault.

793225[/snapback]

The NFL players association will never let the Dallas play file criminal charges.....

So he gets 5 games vacation??? Thats like when I would get suspended in high school ... I loved it. I went home and played sports. HAHA

They should come up with more creative punishments

examples:

1. 5 weeks of public service (each Wednesday during the season + every Saturday from February - June

2. Donation of $100,000 to the community + $100,000 fine to the league + $50,000 fine to the player he kicked

Now thats a good punishment if you ask me

At some point, I think, you don't need the consent of the victim to file charges. It'd be the responsibility of the DA in Tennessee to do so. Basically, I think, to prevent the intimidation/bribery likely in case where the victim might face pressure. Like, in this case...

For those that didn't see what this animal did:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ay5BE-xVd_w

Oh, and I love how this scumbag argues the call after it happens, but now says what he did was disgusting... Ignorant animal..

793274[/snapback]

Even the best of people do dumb things that they truly regret and is truly stupid ... but that doesnt make them animals.

The dude purposelt stepped on a guys head....he should be banned from the league....

Thats gotta be one of the most !@#$ed up things ive ever seen....

Suspended for 5 games....!@#$ that...

should be banned for life...

Albert got suspended five games without pay for yesterday's step on the face. I thought he'd get less. Good for the NFL.

793193[/snapback]

I would've given him 8 games minimum.

I remember hearing Haynesworth's name a lot when he was drafted as a guy the Bills would look into.

The dude purposelt stepped on a guys head....he should be banned from the league....

Thats gotta be one of the most !@#$ed up things ive ever seen....

Suspended for 5 games....!@#$ that...

should be banned for life...

793317[/snapback]

How ridiculous. He made a really stupid mistake and he should be punished for it. but NOT banned for life. Thank goodness you are not the commish ... most people in their life have had times when they say or do things in the spur of the moment that was dumb. He had one of those times - he did a dumb thing but it was not planned a week in advance or anything. It was a spur of the moment stupid thing to do that should have warranted a year suspension (in my opinion)