Any veteran guards out there?

With the Villarial injury, now might be a good time to sign a veteran for at least backup depth at G. I'm guessing that Greg Jerman or Aaron Gibson is at 1 Bills Drive by the end of the week, but if there's a better veteran out there, Marv has to get it done (I hate those sign this cut guy posts & have given people s**t for them, but we have a real need right now). We can waive Merz, put him on the practice squad (cutting the OT who is there now) and get some possibly needed depth.

With the Villarial injury, now might be a good time to sign a veteran for at least backup depth at G.  I'm guessing that Greg Jerman or  Aaron Gibson is at 1 Bills Drive by the end of the week, but if there's a better veteran out there, Marv has to get it done (I hate those sign this cut guy posts & have given people s**t for them, but we have a real need right now). We can waive Merz, put him on the practice squad (cutting the OT who is there now) and get some possibly needed depth.

792657[/snapback]

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Christ, no.

That big Somoan guy Tunui Fonoti may be unsigned. He is probably hurt right now though but if healthy would even be an upgrade at RG over a healthy Villarial.

792726[/snapback]

My bet is we raid someones practice squad player.

The injuries are concerning....We are now going to carry 3 injured players on the 53 man roster....Not much room to manuver. They need to start addressing the issue on Bowen. If he is not recovering, then they need to move on. We are very thin on the OL and we are carrying injured players at other positions.

My bet is we raid someones practice squad player.

The injuries are concerning....We are now going to carry 3 injured players on the 53 man roster....Not much room to manuver.  They need to start addressing the issue on Bowen. If he is not recovering, then they need to move on.  We are very thin on the OL and we are carrying injured players at other positions.

792734[/snapback]

Andrew Hoffman, from Cleveland. Just converted from DT to RG over the off season. Pretty quick, but in the 3-4 set wasn't enough of an anchor, so they moved him to the o-side.

I'd say Greg Jerman or Aaron Gibson at this stage due to the fact that they were in camp and know the offense...

793039[/snapback]

Greg Jerman is one of the worst blockers I have ever seen, and as a Bills Fan I have seen some bad ones. He was actually cut from the dolphins, who are far worse than us up front.

I would rather sign cablelady and see what she can do at RG if someone gets hurt.