Ellison

I have to think this is a Modrak pick vs. a Marv pick but the kid has played remarkably well for a 6th rounder. Granted, I can't wait 'til he is sent to the bench for Spikes but it's rather remarkable that not only has this kid not been abused, but he's been making some plays, too.

Whitner is a stud.

I have to think this is a Modrak pick vs. a Marv pick but the kid has played remarkably well for a 6th rounder. Granted, I can't wait 'til he is sent to the bench for Spikes but it's rather remarkable that not only has this kid not been abused, but he's been making some plays, too.

Whitner is a stud.

792145[/snapback]

How about that 2006 draft? I guess it's also helpful when you draft a guy for a certain type of D that is considered pretty simple.

I wish Whitner hung on to that pick today ! Would have saved me 30 blood pressure points !

792156[/snapback]

Whitner played well like usual. He did blow his over the top coverage on that late downfield throw...McGee let his man go but Whitner stuck with the TE up the seam and was late getting over...Good thing it didn't hurt us- the youngsters will have a few lapses, and will occasionally get just plain beat by some crafty playcalls. It's nice to be able to learn a lesson when it doesn't cost the team points.

All of the LB's played well today. Damn fine pick by Fletcher.

I had the sickly feeling that the Vikes HAD something for Whitner -- a look, a wrinkle that they were saving for money time. There was a huge drop by Robinson(?) late that looked a lot like the earlier touchdown play. I'll catch it on the 1AM replay (and clutch at my chest one more time).

And wasn't Ellison supposed to be undersized, allowing him to drop to a team that valued the small and fast ? As near as I can tell, 6'1 235'ish is not much different than the Hawk/Sims/Greenaway's that went at the top of the draft at outside linebacker. Spikes isn't even much bigger -- though he seems to play bigger, if that makes any sense.

As near as I can tell, 6'1 235'ish is not much different than the Hawk/Sims/Greenaway's that went at the top of the draft at outside linebacker. Spikes isn't even much bigger -- though he seems to play bigger, if that makes any sense.

792324[/snapback]

Could be wrong, but I think Ellison is listed at 228. But having seen him in person, that number is most likely inflated. I'm guessing he's closer to 210 than he is to 230...which is a LOT diferent than Hawk/Sims/Greenway 230-250 range.

Ellison is a small dude.

Still, you're right, he plays bigger than his frame. But he has a CB body.