Happy with this team so far

MM won games to. He was one win away from the playoffs. What does that matter. It's a watered down league. The difference between the worst team and the best team isn't that great anymore. As bad as the Raiders are, they have some damn good players on the roster. The Bills over the past five years have had some pretty good players on it. Over the first four games of this season they are hurt by the same old mistakes that cost those teams. Coaching, penalties, third downs and clock management. Until this team takes a step away from that same old pattern. There's nothing to be happy about.  :devil:

792053[/snapback]

You got beat up a lot in high school, didn't you?

And that was just last year, wasn't it?

There really are only four possible outcomes:

1] If you play like crap and you lose, obviously you suck.

2] If you play good and you lose, it's a loss and obviously you suck.

3] If you play like crap and you win, you still played like crap so you suck.

4] If you play good and it's a win, you still suck. There isn't a reason for it, it's just true, because almost all of your other games fit one of the first three.

I've been reading comments on how negative this board is and I'm now believing it. If before the season started how many of you would have thought the Bills would be 2-2 with a very good chance of winning each game? For a rebuilding team (and probably a rebuilding year) the Bills are doing quite well and exceeding my expectations. I'm impressed that 4-5 rookies are starting on defense and we're not giving up many points. Re-read that - 4 or 5 ROOKIES. Losman is playing very well, certainly well enough to have some hope that we actually have a young QB and can focus on something else in next year's draft and free agent market. This team dropped Moulds, Vincent, Milloy, Adams - how many Pro Bowls there? - Teague, Anderson, Williams, and Campbell yet we're 2-2 and could easily be 3-1 (we dominated the Jets but..) or even 4-0 (19-17 says you certainly could have won). And we don't even have Spikes playing yet.

You can argue with a play call here or a decision there but the overall direction of this team is light years from the past when we were depending on old guys having one more great year in them. We're young, but mostly they seem to play hard and have room for improvement. You can't build a winner overnight but I, for one, think we're much farther along than I had hoped. You don't have to optimistic but let's at least be hopeful and see the bright side a bit.