Bills Defense

Astrobot

1. Holding "emerging RB" Chester T to 23 yards, and rushing to 63 (including Brad Johnson running for his life)

2. Angelo Crowell's performance--7 tackles, 3 assists, 1 INT

3. London F-B's INT

4. McGee-Thomas-Whitner-Clements combining for 24 tackles

5. Good pressure by our "Front 5"

6. I also thought Ellison continued showing improvement--He had the first 2 stops in the game, and a ST stop.

7. There were only a few penalties on the defense:

PENALTY on BUF-T.Anderson, Defensive Offside, 5 yards

PENALTY on BUF-M.Haggan, Offensive Holding, 10 yards

PENALTY on BUF-K.Thomas, Defensive Pass Interference, 2 yards

PENALTY on BUF-C.Kelsay, Defensive Offside, 4 yards

Certainly the best outing for the defense.

The defense did a good job as the final stats and score tunred out very well. But there are two important things to keep in mind -- first, the Vikes' offense has problems and is far from being considered efficent. And, the Bills D almost let this game get away from them in the end by once again failing to finish. This was an issue the Bills talked up big time before they stomped the stinikin' fish, and they came through then. But last week, and again in the end today, they allowed receiveres to get open deep and allowed the opposing QB to stay on his feet long enough to throw it deep. In all, our D is doing just fine considering how young they are.

Our safeties are a step or 2 slow to react in zone coverage, but that will come with more experience in the system, until they learn how to react quicker we will be susceptible to being beat deep, thus I think a large reason why our corners are playing off the receivers, however this defense might not be all that good yet, but they will get there eventually. I'm very impressed with keith ellisons continued improvement in place of spikes.

Our safeties are a step or 2 slow to react in zone coverage, but that will come with more experience in the system, until they learn how to react quicker we will be susceptible to being beat deep, thus I think a large reason why our corners are playing off the receivers, however this defense might not be all that good yet, but they will get there eventually.

This was a long sentence--but I agree.