Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death

TheMadCap

Bought this last night.

Holy crap, the entire album rocks! There are no "filler" songs on this one, and while not every song would be considered a "classic" maiden song, they are all very enjoyable to listen to.

It sounds like an Iron Maiden album from the mid 1980's. I am not sure what happened to these guys, but they sound inspired. Now if they will only play a friggin show in the US outside of New York, Chicago and LA.

If you enjoy old school metal, definitely give this one a listen. Best Buy has it for 12 bucks...

I think they played Ozzfest a year or two ago.

791021[/snapback]

Ah yes, they did indeed Dev. In fact, that was when Sharon Fuggin skank-bag Osbourne threw eggs at them and cut thier mics to the PA. Something tells me they won't be playing Ozzfest again...

I second the motion.

Great album from front to back. Metal fans should run, not walk to get it.

It's interesting too that in 30 years and ~60 million in album sales, this is their 1st album EVER to crack the top 10 on the US Billboard charts.

For those interested they'll be close pretty soon... coming to Toronto on October 16th.

Here are the other dates... there are a few more in the States aside from NY and NJ, but not many...

http://www.ironmaiden.com/homepage.php?sec...=0&subsection=0

I'm gonna go out and pick this up. I've been hearing good things. I kind of gave up on Maiden shortly after the Life-giver died and all around was laid waste.

I hope you guys are right. If not, you better watch out because the golden goose is on the loose and never out of season, or something like that.

I'm gonna go out and pick this up.  I've been hearing good things.  I kind of gave up on Maiden shortly after the Life-giver died and all around was laid waste.

I hope you guys are right.  If not, you better watch out because the golden goose is on the loose and never out of season, or something like that.

793102[/snapback]

Fear not, it's sixes all the way...

On my drive home from work one of the local stations played some Maiden "Run to the Hills"

:devil:

793321[/snapback]

The first single was Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg which was kind of long. The second will be released this week, Different World.

Not that you would hear it on the radio mind you...

The first single was Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg which was kind of long. The second will be released this week, Different World.

Not that you would hear it on the radio mind you...

793658[/snapback]

Actually, a few people have told me they heard Different World on the radio here in Buffalo.

Just wanted to give this a bump to let those interested know that they are playing all of the new album during the tour. That's right, the whole album, front to back.

Toronto, October 16th... see you there!

The first single was Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg which was kind of long.

793658[/snapback]

It is not a bad song. I heard it on Sirius this week. Maiden is one of the few bands I have stored in my radio.

Wow, they have some serious ballz playing the record in its entirety. Start to finish, plus 23:58, Iron Maiden, The Evil that Men Do, Fear of the Dark, and Hallowed be Thy Name. SOme people are already pissed off about that, as they likely want to hear more of the old songs.

I say be very fuggin thankful they even come within five hundred miles of your city, I don't have that luxury.

Ken, I agree Breeg is a pretty decent song, I am not sure why so many people are down on it. All in all, a terriffic album. Now if I can only catch a show...

Wow, they have some serious ballz playing the record in its entirety. Start to finish, plus 23:58, Iron Maiden, The Evil that Men Do, Fear of the Dark, and Hallowed be Thy Name. SOme people are already pissed off about that, as they likely want to hear more of the old songs.

I say be very fuggin thankful they even come within five hundred miles of your city, I don't have that luxury.

Ken, I agree Breeg is a pretty decent song, I am not sure why so many people are down on it. All in all, a terriffic album. Now if I can only catch a show...

797572[/snapback]

Having seen them 4 times now, I'm really glad I don't have to hear Run to the Hills and Number of the Beast for the ump-teenth time.

I'm pretty sure this is the first tour since 1982 where they haven't done those two songs, and I say it's about time!

Having seen them 4 times now, I'm really glad I don't have to hear Run to the Hills and Number of the Beast for the ump-teenth time.

I'm pretty sure this is the first tour since 1982 where they haven't done those two songs, and I say it's about time!

797691[/snapback]

Lucky Bastard, don't complain. :lol: I have actually never seen them live. I keep missing them. If they come anywhere near Virginia I will this time.

For anyone interested, I have a bootleg of the Hartford Show, PM me and I will hook that up for you...

Bought this last night.

Holy crap, the entire album rocks! There are no "filler" songs on this one, and while not every song would be considered a "classic" maiden song, they are all very enjoyable to listen to.

It sounds like an Iron Maiden album from the mid 1980's.  I am not sure what happened to these guys, but they sound inspired. Now if they will only play a friggin show in the US outside of New York, Chicago and LA.

If you enjoy old school metal, definitely give this one a listen. Best Buy has it for 12 bucks...

790950[/snapback]

I haven't seen Iron Maiden in concert unfortunately. I'd like to though.

I will say, In Flames puts on a helluva concert. Right now they're touring with Bodom in the UK. That'd be friggin awesome.

Another band I want to see in person is Rammstein. Their live DVD from Berlin is insane.

I haven't seen Iron Maiden in concert unfortunately.  I'd like to though.

I will say, In Flames puts on a helluva concert.  Right now they're touring with Bodom in the UK.  That'd be friggin awesome.

Another band I want to see in person is Rammstein.  Their live DVD from Berlin is insane.

797785[/snapback]

I've had tickets to see Motorhead three times, and they cancelled each time. They have a mental block against playing in NC I guess...

I've had tickets to see Motorhead three times, and they cancelled each time. They have a mental block against playing in NC I guess...

797787[/snapback]

Maybe Lemmy's coco-puffs violate a zoning ordinance! :lol:

Those of us in Buffalo feel your pain though. Sabbath/Ozzy has cancelled here a few times too.

Maybe Lemmy's coco-puffs violate a zoning ordinance!  :lol:

Those of us in Buffalo feel your pain though. Sabbath/Ozzy has cancelled here a few times too.

797936[/snapback]

But he comes every friggin year for Ozzfest. I've seen Ozzy eight times.

Cocopuffs indeed.... :D