The Vikings home town paper picks

Gary M

Funny, that's the first pundit I've heard all week to pick us to win. Seems like all the casual squares are wondering why the Vikings aren't favored and yet the line has stayed at Bills -1 all week....I take that as a good sign that a lot of the sharp bettors like us to win.

Are people really scared of our pass-rush though? I mean, do the offensive coaches get together in meetings and say: "how do we slow down Ryan Denney"?

Are people really scared of our pass-rush though?  I mean, do the offensive coaches get together in meetings and say: "how do we slow down Ryan Denney"?

790820[/snapback]

Maybe not that exact question(re: Denney) but I think they will certainly be worried about our pass rush abilities. We are 5th in the league with 11 sacks in 3 games. Sure, the pass rush was a bit anemic last week but Johnson is not know to have anywhere near the quick pass play as Penny does.

Looking at the season(3 games) as a whole, you'd have to say the new D scheme is certainly getting the most out of our DL......I guess we'll find out soon wont we.

Maybe not that exact question(re: Denney) but I think they will certainly be worried about our pass rush abilities.  We are 5th in the league with 11 sacks in 3 games.  Sure, the pass rush was a bit anemic last week but Johnson is not know to have anywhere near the quick pass play as Penny does.

Looking at the season(3 games) as a whole, you'd have to say the new D scheme is certainly getting the most out of our DL......I guess we'll find out soon wont we.

790824[/snapback]

Yeah, I think the last two games were a little misleading in both directions. The NE game so far is probably the best representation so far, and they were ok in that game. As for the Jets game, the 3step drop is not some revolutionary tactic and we should've countered it better. Brad Riter who is sometimes a dope asked a good question to Lee Evans or somebody: "If it's so effective why doesn't everyone do it"? Nobody really had an answer, that was weird.