Minnesota game

Mile High

Looking at the schedule up until the bye week we have in order: Minnesota, @Chicago, @Detroit and then the Pats at home. This game in my eyes is a must win if we are to have any hope of making the playoffs or maybe even breaking even for the year (which would be an improvement). My point being, this team needs to learn how to win on a consistant basis and by doing it at home in the Ralph in particular. So I look at these games and granted Chicago is a pipe dream for all of us but they have to get this thing back on track this weekend at home. If not this thing could snowball, losing is contegeous much like winning. Detroit is an away game and much like us they are young and capable of beating us if we aren't on our game. Then New Engalnd.. Well Fred Smerlas seems to think they are the best team in football so draw up your own conclusions. The Minnesota game could either put us in a 1-5 hole going into Detroit (if Chicago wins) or if we win send us to Chicago @ 2-2 with a little extra confidence.

This game is going to be won in the trenches.

More so than any other game?  We better hope it's decided elsewhere for our sake.

BTW - last week was a must-win.

790495[/snapback]

It is now with the loss to the Jets. Williams and Williams are a scary duo for this team. Willis might have a hard time running up the gut. On the other side Hutch and Mc Kinnie anchor the line with an under-rated Taylor in the back field he could gash us for some yards.

So yeah.. More so.

This game is very important for a bunch of reasons, the single most important reason IMO is to restore the confidence of the players. I'm sure with the loss last week they all didn't walk away feeling great about their performance.

This team needs to fix it's run defense or it's going to be a very ugly season.

This game is very important for a bunch of reasons, the single most important reason IMO is to restore the confidence of the players.  I'm sure with the loss last week they all didn't walk away feeling great about their performance.

This team needs to fix it's run defense or it's going to be a very ugly season.

790504[/snapback]

Run D including the red zone d as a unit.

Am I the only person here that thinks we should easily be 3-0 right now? After the sham in Pat country where the refs were bought out and the J.P. jokesquad last week, I see no reason that there should be doubt in this team.

This isn't a must win, because the games everyone "knows" we'll lose are possible wins.

So I look at these games and granted Chicago is a pipe dream for all of us

I'm not so sure about that. Sometimes you'll see an ex-coach do surprisingly well against his former team. He's intimately familiar with his players' strengths and weaknesses, and that knowledge helps his team win. Granted Chicago's changed a lot since Jauron left, but there might be enough continuity to give significant help to the Bills. Will we win that game? Probably not, because Chicago has better horses. But it isn't the foregone conclusion many seem to view it as.

Am I the only person here that thinks we should easily be 3-0 right now?  After the sham in Pat country where the refs were bought out and the J.P. jokesquad last week, I see no reason that there should be doubt in this team.

This isn't a must win, because the games everyone "knows" we'll lose are possible wins.

790637[/snapback]

Every team in the league could be 3-0 if they didnt make mistakes and get bad calls. Thats the difference between the actual 3-0 teams and everybody else.

Thank you for reiterating the blatantly obvious. I understand this, for I am not retarted. The key word there is "easily," as in when losing after nearly doubling a teams stats and losing a game which was so lop-sidedly called it couldn't even be talked about.

My statement, is, that people are already talking about must-wins when it's week 4.

Every team in the league could be 3-0 if they didnt make mistakes and get bad calls. Thats the difference between the actual 3-0 teams and everybody else.

790667[/snapback]

Surely you understood what BillsYoung1127 was meaning by his post. We have had pretty much control of all three games this year. There is a vast difference between a team that gets obliterated in a loss and a team that coulda/shoulda/woulda won the game if not for a few things.

It means that we are still not good enough.....but it also means that we are a lot better than the Bills team that finished last season.

It is now with the loss to the Jets.  Williams and Williams are a scary duo for this team.  Willis might have a hard time running up the gut.  On the other side Hutch and Mc Kinnie anchor the line with an under-rated Taylor in the back field he could gash us for some yards.

So yeah..  More so.

790499[/snapback]

I don't disagree that they're good on both sides of the line. I'm not sure that has anything to do with the trenches being especially important to the outcome.

I don't disagree that they're good on both sides of the line.  I'm not sure that has anything to do with the trenches being especially important to the outcome.

790803[/snapback]

Ok. So let me ask you this, what is important to the outcome? Keys to the game Sunday, well today, anyone? Lets talk Minnesota vs. Buffalo.

I understand this, for I am not retarted.

My statement, is, that people are already talking about must-wins when it's week 4.

790714[/snapback]

First of all, I dunno if you're retarted or retarded? :o But it wasn't long ago I got a good laugh when so many of us we're saying WEEK 1 was a must win game.

That's what makes all of us a special breed! Or a retarded lot :D