Clintons' at Bills Game?

VRWC

If you're even in the discussion, you've already lost.  I'm not going to get all warm and fuzzy because NY is only the second worst state for taxes (as percentage of earnings).

Per capita, we're no. 1.  Here is that list.  The guy got his information from the Census Bureau's 2004 fiscal data, which is here.

Here  is another article that I found helpful.

790567[/snapback]

SnR,

I was saying that, in almost all cases in how anyone looks at tax rates, you were right in saying that NY is one of if not the worst.

That part about CT was just... what's the word... inspiration on my part for a state governed by a woman who's getting by on being slightly less corrupt than her old boss.

Stop laboring in misapprehension.

I was saying that, in almost all cases in how anyone looks at tax rates, you were right in saying that NY is one of if not the worst.

That part about CT was just... what's the word... inspiration on my part for a state governed by a woman who's getting by on being slightly less corrupt than her old boss.

Stop laboring in misapprehension.

790768[/snapback]

I know you were agreeing with me. Reading my last post again, I can see how you would think I was being confrontational (the "warm and fuzzy" line) but that definitely wasn't my intention.

I really appreciated your post because it covered a lot of the ground I was going to have to cover. Had you not posted what you did, I was going to start my reply mentioning that there are countless ways to figure out where the highest taxes are. In any event, though, I maintain that if your area is even in the discussion, you're already in big trouble.

In any event, though, I maintain that if your area is even in the discussion, you're already in big trouble.

790911[/snapback]

See, I don't know what you're trying to say with that sentence.

Anyone from a state with high taxes cannot factually point out that taxes are high in another state? ... I am personally 'in big trouble' for chiming in on the subject? ...

:D

See, I don't know what you're trying to say with that sentence.

Anyone from a state with high taxes cannot factually point out that taxes are high in another state? ... I am personally 'in big trouble' for chiming in on the subject? ...

:D

790943[/snapback]

NO! Not "you" as in "you, UConn James"! I'm saying if you are from Area X and Area X is in the discussion for place with the highest taxes, that means you (as a resident of Area X) are probably overtaxed. In other words, if Area X is in the discussion for highest taxes in the country, its taxes are too high.

At no point was I or am I making any personal statement about you.

I sure hope they root for the Vick's.  I’d hate to see me root for the same team as the Clinton’s.

Buffalo and WNY is so Democratic it makes me sick.  Everyone complains about the economy and jobs and they keep on electing democrats to run the city. Democrats increase teacher and city employee salaries, give ridiculous health benefits, provide lousy services, and keep increasing taxes.  All at the expense of the hard working citizens who keep on voting them in power. No wonder no businesses want to come to Buffalo and create jobs.

I love Buffalo and come from a Democratic, union based, blue collar family but at some time you people need to wake up and smell the stale beer at the corner bar and snap out of your illusions. 

What has Hillary done for WNY or NYS for that matter?  The economy has been moving right along over the past decade for most of the country but has left WNY behind.  Why is that? Has Chucky “Cheese” Schumer done anything for WNY other than meet with Ralf to keep the Bills in town?  Buffalo will be the only NFL city with no city to support it. 

Like I said, I love buffalo but will never move back until things change and the people smarten up.  Buffalo must lower taxes, eliminate or take control of the unions, provide corporate incentives, build economic centers for business start-ups, cut overhead costs and big government, tear down rusting and hazardous buildings in down town, build housing and entertainment centers in and around buffalo, develop the water front, make downtown more hip and get young people back into the city and out of the burbs.

789997[/snapback]

I can feel your pain. I'm not a "neocon" or anything like that -- I'm an independent so I'm not too crazy about either party -- but Philly is a hard-core Democratic town, run by Democrats for decades, and the government is corrupt and incompetent as hell. The school system is so bad that the state took it over and it was written up in the Wall Street Journal as a textbook example of a terrible school system. I live in a fairly nice area, but many of the neighborhoods here look like Dresden after the allied blitz. The homeless population has exploded and I know many of them have serious mental health issues, but you can't walk down the street without being panhandled. And many of the parks and public areas smell like eau de pi$$.

And who is to blame -- the e-vell Republicans, of course!

If you're even in the discussion, you've already lost.  I'm not going to get all warm and fuzzy because NY is only the second worst state for taxes (as percentage of earnings).

Per capita, we're no. 1.  Here is that list.  The guy got his information from the Census Bureau's 2004 fiscal data, which is here.

Here  is another article that I found helpful.

790567[/snapback]

Very interesting. I find it particularly interesting that 12 of the top 13 highest taxed states voted for Kerry in 2004 and the 24 fewest taxed states all voted for Bush. Not exactly sure what it means...just thought it was interesting