How bad is Oakland?

eball

Yet another in a long list of reasons why preseason records mean squat.

"Just don't fall flat on your faces and embarrass me, Baby." -- Al Davis, 9/27/06

788636[/snapback]

:D

QB Frye looks pretty good. As does the healthy wr Edwards. I see Winsow Jr. mouthed off this week - was it last week? - about not getting enough tosses his way, and HC Crennel more or less told him to shut his trap.

Crennel was right - in the week 2 CLE@CIN game, he didn't impress me as a guy working to get open, and when he caught one, his evasive moves were like that of a frozen turd.

Being out here in the land of "Commitment to Excrement", I'm surprised it is only 3 points. I listened to a Sacramento sports station after the FIRST GAME, and the callers were saying to fire Shell!

Oakland is hands down the worst team in football. Tom Walsh the OC was out of football for 5 plus years, same goes for Shell. After watching them for about 6 quarters it's clear they're very inexperienced with current NFL schemes. The only threat they have on offense is Jordan and Moss, but even then the O-Line is in such shambles they can't be utilized. At times during week one they honestly looked like they would be sacked every passing play. Gallery is looking like a major bust at LT, and hasn't been able to handle the switch. Two other lineman changed positions all together. They have zero cohesiveness, and judging from some player remarks after they traded Gabrial they don't seem to have complete faith in the coaches.

IF you can get past that the trend in this game is one of the few MAJOR NFL betting trends you see that work every year. Teams that are 0-2 ATS and SU off a bye as home dogs cover 80% over the last 5 years.

It's all funny now.

Until the time comes when we're 7-point dogs to Detroit.

788705[/snapback]

You had to go ruin the warm nicey feeling I was having at the Faiders expense by slapping me in the face with reality. :blink:

It's all funny now.

Until the time comes when we're 7-point dogs to Detroit.

788705[/snapback]

Wouldn't we be at least that against the Vikes if we were that bad?

They know what they are doing. Going after Brady Quinn :doh: