Potential Bills Owner?

It is interesting that Jacobs may be 'shopping' the Bruins - I'm pretty sure the NFL bans cross-ownership, so maybe he's looking to 'unload' the hockey team.  There's certainly been enough noise that Ralph is not happy with his 'small market' situation - could be that Jacobs knows something, or thinks 'the time is ripe' to make his bid.

According to recent Forbes reports, the Bills are valued at over $700M.  I don't see how their revenue stream justifies that figure, but I'm pretty sure that there isn't any one person in WNY who - alone - has the financial standing (or desire) to pony up that much cabbage - even Jacobs.

My guess is it would take some sort of consortium involving Jacobs, Tom Golisano, Bob Rich, and maybe even a few others.  (I know Jim Kelley wants to be an owner, and he's friendly with Ralph, but he's also a relative pauper compared to those other guys.)  Possibly, a group like that would guarantee the team stays here.

788682[/snapback]

I got a few million ! Have them give me a call !

You do NOT want Jacobs to own the Bills based on the way he has run the Bruins. He keeps them just competitive enough to make the playoffs on occassion and suck in the customers, but he's never gone the extra mile to make them a real cup contender. He's treated them like his personal ATM.

Plus it's hard to respect the way he treats people. Harry Sinden was the Bruins President for 17 years, and the way he was demoted was classless.

"According to two sources, when it came time to relegate club president Harry Sinden to the role of senior adviser, he first received word not from the senior Jacobs, but from the Delaware North corporate personnel office in Buffalo."

source

788775[/snapback]

Having been a DNC employee, I fully agree. I do not want them owning the Bills. It's amazing they are still in business. And I'm pretty sure that's only because they have enough money and connections to strong-arm people into giving them contracts.

Having been a DNC employee, I fully agree. I do not want them owning the Bills. It's amazing they are still in business. And I'm pretty sure that's only because they have enough money and connections to strong-arm people into giving them contracts.

789426[/snapback]

Yeah, having spent several years in Boston and doing business w/DNC here in The BuffTown and elsewhere, I'd agree that we don't want Jacobs having anything to do with the Bills. Unfortunately, there aren't that many local billionaires that would have an interest in keeping the team in WNY. (Not necessarily saying he'd keep 'em here either, unless there was other local money and control involved.)

Here's some more interesting info about Jacobs (love the name of this site)...

pleasesellthebruins.com