RIP Cliff Burton

/dev/null

We are not going to start another "Who is best" thread are we?

788286[/snapback]

Why not? While I'm no Metallica fan, I do know that Cliff Burton was an outstanding bassist. But, to say he was better than Jaco Pastorious is just wrong.

BTW, how was your trip?

788286[/snapback]

We missed ya, that's for sure. The trip was fine, other than the long ride home after a tough loss.

Why not?  While I'm no Metallica fan, I do know that Cliff Burton was an outstanding bassist.  But, to say he was better than Jaco Pastorious is just wrong.

788294[/snapback]

Stanley Clarke is also better than Burton, along with Geddy Lee. There are also plenty of other bassists who are better then Burton.

He was good. I just think that people are making him out to be better than he is, just because he died.

Stanley Clarke is also better than Burton, along with Geddy Lee. There are also plenty of other bassists who are better then Burton.

He was good. I just think that people are making him out to be better than he is, just because he died.

788309[/snapback]

I think Clarke is phenomenal. Another bassist I really like is Wayman Tisdale. I've been listening to his debut "Power Forward" lately. I just had the urge to hear it again. Good stuff.

Effing A. Next to probably opnly Les Claypool, the greatest bass player of the past 3 decades.

788030[/snapback]

he was at the audition to replace cliff, but they laugh at his crazy style, they loved him but it wasnt their type of music

JERRY WAS A RACE CAR DRIVERRRRRRRR