JiS's Useless Celebrity News Of The Day

Just Jack

Carter Explains Cold Feet

Pop star Aaron Carter proposed to his girlfriend of five days, Kari Ann Peniche, after someone dared him to do it, and he now regrets his impulsive decision.

The 18-year-old proposed to Playboy model Peniche on stage at the Playboy Hollywood Comedy Tour in Las Vegas, Nev., on September 19.

Carter explains, "It was me, I made the mistake ... she made a mistake, too. We both did.

"I was by myself and all of a sudden somebody threw it out, as like a joke, and I was like, 'OK, whatever, I'll do it!'

"I acted on impulse. I don't know, it was a big blur. (We'd known each other) like five days."

When asked where he was when he heard the news, Aaron's older brother Nick Carter said, "I was in Florida -- having a coronary."

Peniche had also previously been romantically linked with Nick, but failed to mention that fact to her new boyfriend Aaron -- which Nick claims reveals a lot about her character.

Nick slams reports that the two ever officially dated saying, "I never dated her, and she didn't proceed to tell Aaron that me and her had "hooked up" a while ago. So, I look at that like, 'Where's your values at?'"

Nick adds, "I feel bad for my brother. He's looking for love, he's a lovesick guy and he kind of got with the wrong person."

He's 18, she's a Playboy Playmate, there's a match that was going to last forever.