More Rules, As We Spread "Freedom"

Wow, you had to dig that one out. Good work!  :D

More to come folks, a LOT more to come.  :lol:

857916[/snapback]

Of course, if they simply passed something that started an initiative to inform the public rather then ban it from the public, they wouldn't be such jackasses.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, if they simply passed something that started an initiative to inform the public rather then ban it from the public, they wouldn't be such jackasses.

857920[/snapback]

Then the hue and cry would be that they didn't want to pay for the initiative.

I don't see the big deal here. McDs will just switch one frying oil with another. NYC is not taking people's freedom fries away, and they're not legislating diet. It's like banning a carcinogen from an ingredient list.

Then the hue and cry would be that they didn't want to pay for the initiative. 

I don't see the big deal here.  McDs will just switch one frying oil with another.  NYC is not taking people's freedom fries away, and they're not legislating diet.  It's like banning a carcinogen from an ingredient list.

857949[/snapback]

Then you must be all fuzzy inside about this

The city is providing bodegas with 300 thousand dollars in "incentives" to sell low fat milk. They are expanding to "leafy green vegetables."

Isn't that great? :D

Liberalism wasn't supposed to work like this. Was it?

In the 60s, liberals smoked weed, tripped on LSD and advocated free sex. They didn't like (nor vote for ala Kerry/Hillary) wars. Liberals advocated freedom. I was able to respect these people (even if I didn't agree with them on each and every issue).

Today, (with some admitted help from their phony "conservative" friends), they are hell bent on controlling your behavior. This includes whether or not you may smoke cigarettes in a BAR (in which the owner wants you to have this right), your diet, and noise (such as bells on NYC Ice Cream Trucks) that they don't particularly care for. They think that "play dates" for their kids are cool too. This wouldn't have worked in Queens (where I grew up) and I have a feeling, after visiting WNY for the last 12 consecutive years that it wouldn't have gone over there either, in a reigon of down to earth people.

Sadly, there is more to come. Some day, the sheep that buy into this facism will see the light, but it will be far too late. Rights that YOU enjoy will be taken away, such as tailgates, barbecues, etc. Another attempt at prohibition would not surprise me one bit.

The "land of the free" indeed.  :lol:

787642[/snapback]

Now Bill, when you smoke you cause other to have to deal with it and the possibility of cancer from second hand smoke.

Same goes for french fries, you know when you eat it in a public place well it just makes those around you want some from the smell and thus that size 22 woman becomes a size 26 because of your rudeness. :D

The only thing I want to ban is snowmobiles on my front lawn this winter and idiot boaters running the gates when I am trying to do my job this summer...

I don't care WTF anybody does... Just don't kill me me doing it... And die somewhere else so I don't have to drag your sorry arse out the lock chamber/river...

Think I am a lib? Meet my wife, she's a classic... Wants to "bulldoze" the old house and "scorch" the field behind our house... Why you say?

Because we live on the border between a small subdivision (which we live in) and an unincorporated part of another town (along our shared property line to the south)... Again you say why? I really don't know why... My guess is because the people in that neighboring house live like "hillbillys"?... House looks like a "Hoosier shack"?... I think they drop the "eff :doh: bomb" from time to time? :bag::doh:

I tell her how can you think this way?... Just let people be who they are... Except for those damn snowmobiles though and drunks drowning! :lol::P

She does arrange "play dates" for our kids :doh::D ... Since some of our kids' friends have moved or live across town (they are only 8 and 4 years old)...

Oh and Bill... I can give a flyin' toot if you light up or if you are denied the right to do so...

Heck our town still doesn't recycle... I fear once our old, longtime mayor kicks the bucket... We will lose our independence and will be beholden to every little penny the newbies running the joint decide to garner grant wise from outside sources... :D:D