We can rag on this guy, or that guy

1billsfan

...and Miami game is pretty simple when you think about it.

The Bills made the "big plays" and Miami didn't. The Bills won that game.

Well the Jets did the same thing to us.

The Jets made the "big plays". Gaudy numbers and stats are meaningless in football when compared to coming up with the big plays when it counts. They stopped us on key third and fourth down conversions. They took the ball away when we were in field goal range. They scored on defense. They stopped us on the goal line. The Parrish touchdown and Washington's big catch and run to the three ended up being a wash between both clubs. After that both teams were back on even ground. Then the Jets proceeded to do what we did to the Dolphins the week before. The Bills seemed not focused or not too confident during those "big plays" on Sunday. I don't know why because they were playing the Jets who are no where near being an intimidating force. They sure seemed focused against the Pats and Fish. Maybe it was playing in front of the hometown crowd that made them hesitant when it counted most. I guess I'm concerned that too many here and in the media are looking for the game's scapegoat (see Willis, JP) when both guys had big positive plays that helped to outweigh their big negative plays. I'm hoping the Bills "big play team" that played down in Miami is the one shows up for us against the Vikings.