If I Had A Choice for RB in Buffalo

Frez

Having not seen michael turner except in a few brief glimpses of charger games I tend to be leary of backup rb's mostly because there have been instances over the past few seasons where backup rbs have made the transition to starters and just not fared very well. The most glaring being troy hambrick, kevan barlow, and lamont jordan

786470[/snapback]

Yesthose are good examples...but you have to give the person a try.He has done everything asked of him--what else can he do??

What a horrible thread.  Also, it's good to know Lamont Jordan sucks after 2 games against 2 of the best defenses in the league with a horrible OL.

786575[/snapback]

I agree its a horrible thread, but Jordan sucked last year in Oakland, and the year before with the Jets. Bottom line: a few carries a week isnt enough to make a predicition as to whether some back up is better than "the best RB in the league"

This would be my #1 RB. I think this kid would be a BEAST as the #1 back on any team in the NFL. I would love him in Buffalo next year.

The Bills Starting Running Back!

786458[/snapback]

I'm glad you're not our GM Frez.

You are honestly saying you'd rather a 5th round guy who has had 100 NFL carries over WM? Your talent assessments are that shrewd that from 1 highlight video you have determined that the best back in the league is a backup. :D

Honestly Frez, I thought you were more level headed than this.

Ummm...Lamont Jordan was pretty good last year. 1025 yards rushing in 14 games and was a big threat in the passing game. If he played the entire 16 games, his stats project to 1171 yards rushing on 311 carries with 10 TD rushing and 643 yard receiving on 80 catches with 2 TD. That's 7 TD and 389 yards more than McGahee had last year...

I just looked at my last post, and I dont want anyone thinking that I believe Jordan is better than McGahee. I was just putting his year in perspective.

Ummm...Lamont Jordan was pretty good last year.  1025 yards rushing in 14 games and was a big threat in the passing game.  If he played the entire 16 games, his stats project to 1171 yards rushing on 311 carries with 10 TD rushing and 643 yard receiving on 80 catches with 2 TD.  That's 7 TD and 389 yards more than McGahee had last year...

786777[/snapback]

I'm lucky enough to have access to the best homemade Italian sausage in the world. Maybe the next game I attend I will bring you a few pounds.  :doh:

Hot, mild or sweet? :D

786485[/snapback]

The best I have had is from Garafolos in Oswego. The extra hot is crazy. I am always looking for better though. Hook a brother up? 0:)

Dude, I love Turner. He is definitely a guy I think just needs a starting job in the league and will be a star. I don't know many guys in the league that break the long runs as frequently as he does. I also see he has added some power to his game as well. He will be a star, just atch.

That said, rb is the least of our problems. And even though he sucked in blitz pick up, bashing a guy after he just rushed for 150 yards is just plain silly. :D

I just looked at my last post, and I dont want anyone thinking that I believe Jordan is better than McGahee.  I was just putting his year in perspective.

786779[/snapback]

Yeah, he's not an elite back but I don't think anyone expected him to be. Not a bad year last year on a bad team.

Dude, I love Turner.  He is definitely a guy I think just needs a starting job in the league and will be a star.  I don't know many guys in the league that break the long runs as frequently as he does.  I also see he has added some power to his game as well.  He will be a star, just atch.

That said, rb is the least of our problems.  And even though he sucked in blitz pick up, bashing a guy after he just rushed for 150 yards is just plain silly.  :D

786787[/snapback]

I hear what you are saying & I'm not saying he won't be a future star, it's just that....a bird in the hand etc. So many times in this league players who look like they have the goods don't pan out when they are given the opportunity to shine. There are enough 'stars' who when they change teams seem to regress back to the pack....let alone the odds of this happening for a backup.

Also, at this point, we know WM has some trouble with the blitz pickups etc....do we know Turner will be any better? WM has proven to be a very good back. Why do most Bills fans seem to need to have the best RB in the league? I don't get that mentality at all.

...& yes....I totally agree, bashing the 150 yard performer is minimally badly timed.

Mind you, he's bound to have a sub 50yard game this season or perhaps a game where he fumbles.....I'm dreading the response that week. :doh: