Saints return to the Superdome tonight.

buckeyemike

Archie Manning: "We [the community] are looking to the Saints to provide joy and happiness..."

That has GOT to be the first time anyone said anything like that about the Saints...  :D

786637[/snapback]

:)

It's a damn good thing they got Drew Brees, Reggie Bush and are winning some games. I'd love to see the city's residents' reactions if they were told "Hey your city is still pretty much a shitshow, but come out to the Dome on Sundays and see Aaron Brooks and AJ Hawk! You'll feel much better....we promise."

:)

It's a damn good thing they got Drew Brees, Reggie Bush and are winning some games.  I'd love to see the city's residents' reactions if they were told "Hey your city is still pretty much a shitshow, but come out to the Dome on Sundays and see Aaron Brooks and AJ Hawk!  You'll feel much better....we promise."

786664[/snapback]

I can't believe they're interviewing Spike Lee, who's talking about how so much of the city is still wrecked, and the obligatory Why Can't America Do Something..."But hey, we spent a couple hundred million getting the Superdome ready for MNF!!!" Spike Lee's a hypocrite. :D

And I may give up watching MNF, just because of the stupid-ass celebrity interviews. (And no, that has nothing to do with my general loathing of Spike Lee...I want to watch football, not listen to someone blather about something not related to the game).

The same Spike Lee who spent most of the last year in New Orleans, shooting film and interviewing people for his documentary about Katrina and its aftereffects? One would think his opinion might hold a bit more relevance than the average celeb just dropping by for TV face-time. (I'm no fan of his either, but still.)

What I find weird: last summer, the Saints' ticket sales were so bad they sent US (Bills season-ticket holders) order forms for the game down there. This year, with half the population, they sold out the entire season? Who bought all those tickets -- the construction workers?

The same Spike Lee who spent most of the last year in New Orleans, shooting film and interviewing people for his documentary about Katrina and its aftereffects? One would think his opinion might hold a bit more relevance than the average celeb just dropping by for TV face-time. (I'm no fan of his either, but still.)

What I find weird: last summer, the Saints' ticket sales were so bad they sent US (Bills season-ticket holders) order forms for the game down there. This year, with half the population, they sold out the entire season? Who bought all those tickets -- the construction workers?

Spike Lee?

I can't believe they're interviewing Spike Lee, who's talking about how so much of the city is still wrecked, and the obligatory Why Can't America Do Something..."But hey, we spent a couple hundred million getting the Superdome ready for MNF!!!"  Spike Lee's a hypocrite.  :D

And I may give up watching MNF, just because of the stupid-ass celebrity interviews.  (And no, that has nothing to do with my general loathing of Spike Lee...I want to watch football, not listen to someone blather about something not related to the game).

786675[/snapback]

Ultimately, from all the exposure NO is getting tonight, and this game, and MNF there, and the people that will either donate or visit because of this nonsense, it could easily be the wisest hundred million spent since the tragedy.

I must be in the minority, but that was absolutely the worst broadcasting of a football game that I have ever seen.

Kornhole sounded like he was going to start singing "Candle In The Wind" at any moment.

One minute they're showing people doing shots at a New Orleans bar, and the next minute they're talking about how the only thing left on so many properties were the concrete steps "that seemed to lead their way to a graveyard of what used to be in the mirrors of my mind of a time gone by when Grand Pappy Chocolate would sit with the whole Chocolate family swattin' them skeeters and gulping down some lemonade and talking about how great their mayor is."

Seriously. Talk about it. Show some pictures. Interview some folks. But please leave the pussified poetic nostalgia for an audience that actually wants to hear it.

A total embarrassment last night. Total.

I can't believe they're interviewing Spike Lee, who's talking about how so much of the city is still wrecked, and the obligatory Why Can't America Do Something..."But hey, we spent a couple hundred million getting the Superdome ready for MNF!!!"  Spike Lee's a hypocrite.  :P

And I may give up watching MNF, just because of the stupid-ass celebrity interviews.  (And no, that has nothing to do with my general loathing of Spike Lee...I want to watch football, not listen to someone blather about something not related to the game).

786675[/snapback]

To be fair, since the Superdome was used as a shelter it probably warranted repair from FEMA. I'm not saying I agree with it being one of the first things done, but then again, the Saints doing well and staying there is probably good for NO in the long run.