Saints return to the Superdome tonight.

buckeyemike

Good article from a native on ESPN.com

Yes, New Orleans needs the Saints. And I expect that it will be a raucous crowd tonight at the newly refurbished Superdome. This should be fun to watch...it could be a perfect example of a team feeding off the frenzy of a home crowd.

Everyone in America will be rooting for the Saints this year. And they may be a better team than we all thought. Never before in their 40 year history have the Saints been 2-0.

Complete with fancy lights and leather seats. Why they would spend the money on this kind of stuff is beyond me.

If you are a betting man, take the Saints tonight. There is NO way in hell that the NFL lets the ultimate feelgood story end with a loss. Not on the first game in NO after the hurricane, in the Superdome, and Bush's home debut.

Saints tonight, lock it up...

Frankly, I think the NFL better spend some time tonight showing how they did something for New Orleans other than patch up a football stadium.

Apparently the entire city is still a schitthole...but HEY, we got our football stadium fixed! :D

786345[/snapback]

If Orchard Park flooded, what would you want rebuilt first? The kids can be shipped off to a nearby school, but football can only be played in one spot. :)

Is George Bush going to be there so he can receive the proper reception for his efforts during Katrina, or is it past his bedtime?

786450[/snapback]

How's about Bill Clinton for everything he did to prepare New Orleans during his 8 years for what happened last year. :D

How's about Bill Clinton for everything he did to prepare New Orleans during his 8 years for what happened last year.  :D

786453[/snapback]

Well if Bush can take credit for the U.S. not being attacked since 9/11, I guess Clinton can take credit for New Orleans not being devistated and then abandoned during his terms.

The sun is going to burn out in the future, I guess it's Clinton's fault for not preparing us by funding more space exploration. :)

I admit, I got sucked into this. I am pulling for the Saints harder tonight than I ever have. You'd have to live here to know the passion Saints fans have for their team. They are not among the big markets in the NFL who get all the attention, but the local Saints fans would rather rebuild their football venue than their own house. It's what they live for, and I hope the Saints win this one for the local community.

Well if Bush can take credit for the U.S. not being attacked since 9/11, I guess Clinton can take credit for New Orleans not being devistated and then abandoned during his terms.

The sun is going to burn out in the future, I guess it's Clinton's fault for not preparing us by funding more space exploration.  :D

786514[/snapback]

You're both idiots.

Complete with fancy lights and leather seats. Why they would spend the money on this kind of stuff is beyond me.

If you are a betting man, take the Saints tonight. There is NO way in hell that the NFL lets the ultimate feelgood story end with a loss. Not on the first game in NO after the hurricane, in the Superdome, and Bush's home debut.

Saints tonight, lock it up...

786373[/snapback]

I know it looks bad now, but Im pretty sure the Falcons will end up winning by about 7 ... we will see though