Has anyone seen this?

silvermike

I agree ! I think WM is a great back !  Could improve on his blitz pickup skills though.

785841[/snapback]

I completely agree. Great back. Needs to improve his blitz pick up skills. But people find it fun to hate on him because he's from the "U", and not like them.

I completely agree. Great back. Needs to improve his blitz pick up skills. But people find it fun to hate on him because he's from the "U", and not like them.

786009[/snapback]

If he shows the effort he has in the last two games, I could care less if he went to ECC :blush:

The one column he really needs to improve is the # of TDs....He should have been

able to punch it in at that 1 yard line. Otherwise, he is a fantastic back and I am glad he is playing for the team I root for.

786019[/snapback]

Coulda been worse: i.e. see Niners' RB attempt to punch it in at the 1 yesterday.

I think rumours of Willis Mcgahees' suckiness are greatly exaggerated, like most things by the drama queens on TSW...particularly after a loss!

785839[/snapback]

You could probably count the number of true McGahee haters on 1 hand. The vast majority here think he's an excellent - though flawed - back who should be re-signed in the offseason. Those flaws are (or have been):

1. Blocking ability

2. Receiving ability

3. Breakaway speed

4. 3rd-down effectiveness

5. Red zone effectiveness

6. Questionable attitude

Willis can improve on all of the above, and in fact, I think we have seen the noticeable improvement over the past few years. Problems 4 and 5 are not just a McGahee problem, but a coaching/OL/blocking problem too. Problem 1 was a major problem on one obvious play yesterday, but there were also many plays where McGahee did pick up his blocking assignment. The truth is that many of the top halfbacks in the league miss on a black now and then. We were spoiled with Thurman a bit, perhaps?