Eric Moulds come back please!!!!!

Link?  Any proof of that??

I understand how you feel right now...I hate the trek home to Jersey after a tough loss and then go right back to work the next morning...how was the tailgate?  Wish I could have been there to see all of you this year

785582[/snapback]

The proof's as easy as watching the games. When's the last time "The Playmaker" actually...made a play?

INT?

I think like 2 years ago I saw him make one.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i dont think jerry rice in his prime could help that team.

You guys have done a good job of convincing me that my initial post

may be getting carried away. The receivers may not be a huge problem.

But don't throw numbers in my face. They played against a very questionable jets defense.

I think you throw moulds into this current receiving corps and not only

does he take pressure off evans, he provides a good veteran influence

to help the young players. Moulds' attitude problems last year i don't think are indicative of his overall attitude towards the game and his teammates. I think he is a good player to have on your team, last years problems with meathead notwithstanding.

My point is that EM would be nice to have this year and that he would have helped top prevent

the wheels from coming off yesterday. But I know joesixpack you know everything about football and I know nothing. I'm sorry for challenging all-knowing football man.

I do think (and hope) that this offense can move the ball against some of the league's

tougher defenses. Next week against minnesota will be a good test.

What is Houston's record this year?

785596[/snapback]

On both fumbles he went through his reads and still held the ball. When everyone is covered, THROW IT AWAY!!!!!

785476[/snapback]

I did see him throw it away. What I didn't see was him TUCK IT! I'd rather have four-nine yards EVERYTIME!!! He's fast and elusive, he needs to take off and not be afraid of open space!!

I didn't have a stopwatch on during either of those plays, and maybe I'm in the minority, but I didn't think he held the ball too long on either.

!@#$, he didn't have time to hold the ball too long.

785481[/snapback]

I never said he held it too long. The pocket was collapsing (or non existant) on those two plays. JP needs to get rid of it (or take off) when that happens.

I think he was getting decent time the rest of the day.

Well i dont think jerry rice in his prime could help that team.

785611[/snapback]

Let me see if I get this straight. The receivers were the problem, even thought the numbers contradict that statement. Since they contradict that statement, the numbers need to be thrown out. Next, the argument changed to "making game winning catches." That argument then blew up when it was realized that EM hasn't done that either. Now, the argument is that it is not the receivers fault in Houston because it is EM, but it is still a problem in Buffalo because it is not EM.

Got it.

<_<

On both fumbles he went through his reads and still held the ball. When everyone is covered, THROW IT AWAY!!!!!

785476[/snapback]

You have to be kidding. On the second fumble he dropped back, planted his foot and was in the process of throwing it when he got labeled by an untouched blitzer. How on earth is that holding the ball too long? On the first fumble I don’t think it was an issue of holding the ball too long either, it was just a very poor decision to rooster his arm back to throw it when he knew there was a defender behind him chasing him down. He should have just taken the sack.

785476[/snapback]

Except on the second one, two guys were wide open. The play took a little time to develop. He has to trust that Wiffis is going to make that block. If McGoByeme makes the block, the Bills probably win the game, as the Jets have seven less points and it's highly likely the Bills have seven more, not to mention the momentum change, and about 500 yards total offense with 27 points on the board. (Granted, we can't be sure the game would turn out that way but the way they were moving the ball it's easy to imagine we would have scored one time with the lead and not 11 points down).

That said, I still hold that JP has to find a way to not let both of those balls go. One he has an excuse, the other was more his fault even though he was hit from behind. experience lets you feel backside pressure and perhaps more importantly, clutch the ball before the impact. Fumbles will happen throughout a QB's career on hits like that, no matter who you are. Some guys are able to cut down on them, though, and he needs to do that. We cannot afford three TOs.

We do need Eric Moulds, I'll put the call into his agent and see if we can work something out. It might take a while to make it happen though, because if my calculations are correct, Houston is about 1,490 miles from Buffalo. Now if Eric makes that trip at intervals of just 7.1 yards a pop, that's over 369,000 stops along the way. No thanks, I'll keep what we have.

Yeah, with Moulds we could be 0-3 like the Texans.

One guy we could use, however, is TKO. There is a good chance a lot of those 6-7 yard gains would be 2-3 yarders with Spikes in there. We cannot count on a defense with five rookies anyway, but missing its best player and spiritual leader is a bigger deal. We will need him against the Vikes. Ellison is a nice young player but we're missing Spikes bad.

Yeah, with Moulds we could be 0-3 like the Texans.

One guy we could use, however, is TKO. There is a good chance a lot of those 6-7 yard gains would be 2-3 yarders with Spikes in there. We cannot count on a defense with five rookies anyway, but missing its best player and spiritual leader is a bigger deal. We will need him against the Vikes. Ellison is a nice young player but we're missing Spikes bad.

785694[/snapback]

This idea works for me

Yes I know jp put up good numbers. Rosce parrish is getting better ...

but he is no eric moulds yet.  The Bills needed a go-to guy on Sunday.

They needed a veteran influence in a huddle full of uncertain

young guys (and catchless price). I think this team was unsure of

itself at the game's most crucial time.

785569[/snapback]

It took Moulds 3 NFL seasons to become a good NFL receiver and it took him about 5 years before he learnt to beat double-coverage.....I don't think Moulds has the capability to beat double coverage if he was with this team this season.

In all honesty, I don't think we need a better WR out there, I think we need a pass-catching tight end. Royal is an excellent blocker, and that's what he was brought in to do. But we need a solid checkdown option. I suppose it could equally be a RB out of the backfield.

BRING BACK LARRY CENTERS!

In all honesty, I don't think we need a better WR out there, I think we need a pass-catching tight end.  Royal is an excellent blocker, and that's what he was brought in to do.  But we need a solid checkdown option.  I suppose it could equally be a RB out of the backfield. 

785786[/snapback]

Where is Kevin Everett ?

In all honesty, I don't think we need a better WR out there, I think we need a pass-catching tight end.  Royal is an excellent blocker, and that's what he was brought in to do.  But we need a solid checkdown option.  I suppose it could equally be a RB out of the backfield. 

785786[/snapback]

Has Royal been dropping passes?