Has anyone given the Jets credit?

PromoTheRobot

Want to know why we lost today? We played a good team. Pennington was masterful. His O-line protected him all day. The Jets coaches made the right adjustments. Jonathan Vilma is an animal. Yes, the Bills definitely helped them with turnovers, but the Jets earned that win.

PTR

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant really agree with this. The Jets (in my opinion) are not very good. They scored on a gift from our offense. They got a garbage touchdown late in the 4th and our Defense gave up a retarded 40+ yard catch to some RB named Washington. We also had the ball on the 2 yard line and couldnt punch it in 3 straight times. Not to mention we went for a fake field goal. If we played a half-way decent game, the score would have been 24-14 Bills.

Correct.  Plus we aren't as good as it appeared last week because it is becoming more and more clear how little of a "quality" win the Dolphins game was.

785111[/snapback]

This game has exposed the Bills as a team that is still a season or two away. Offense is inconsistant. Defense is fast but vulnerable. They are well-coached for the most part, but I question some the playcalling, especially early when we dominated the game. We didn't need to get cute when we had the momentum.

PTR

Cant really agree with this. The Jets (in my opinion) are not very good. They scored on a gift from our offense. They got a garbage touchdown late in the 4th and our Defense gave up a retarded 40+ yard catch to some RB named Washington. We also had the ball on the 2 yard line and couldnt punch it in 3 straight times. Not to mention we went for a fake field goal. If we played a half-way decent game, the score would have been 24-14 Bills.

785113[/snapback]

You are taking an entirely one-sided view. Your entire argument can be spun the other direction...like this:

They scored on a gift from our offense.

They executed two effective CB blitzes, forced two fumbles and returned one for a TD.

They got a garbage touchdown late in the 4th and our Defense gave up a retarded 40+ yard catch to some RB named Washington.

They shredded our defense during a decisive 4th quarter do-or-die drive. They beat us with short gains and big plays (like the Leon Washington catch).

We also had the ball on the 2 yard line and couldnt punch it in 3 straight times.

Their defense shut us down when it mattered most in a goal line stand in the 4th quarter.

Now, I'm not saying all of this is completely true, but to disregard the Jets' ablities and chalk this loss up to our Bills just making too many mistakes is short-sighted IMO.

You are taking an entirely one-sided view.  Your entire argument can be spun the other direction...like this:

They executed two effective CB blitzes, forced two fumbles and returned one for a TD.

They shredded our defense during a decisive 4th quarter do-or-die drive.  They beat us with short gains and big plays (like the Leon Washington catch).

Their defense shut us down when it mattered most in a goal line stand in the 4th quarter.

Now, I'm not saying all of this is completely true, but to disregard the Jets' ablities and chalk this loss up to our Bills just making too many mistakes is short-sighted IMO.

785124[/snapback]

Once again I disagree. If this was the Bills beating the Colts instead of the Jets beating the Bills there would be no "the bills have a decent team" ... it would be "the colts made a lot of mistakes and left the door open for the bills." ... how can we measure two NFL games differently. i certainly cant .

785113[/snapback]

Also throw in a 1 yard route on 4th and 2. I'm with you; there is no way we should lose this game. We are better than the Jets on both sides of the ball. We let them off the hook with poor gameplanning and turnovers. It seemed as if we just called plays instead of putting those plays together to get into a rhytm on offense. One minute it was a Roscoe; show the next Willis. Finally they decided to get Evans involved. If they had put all those plays together and forced the Jets to matchup there is no way the Jets could compete as besides the 3 TD drives the Jets had they did nothing. And those drives were aided by poor plays on our part.

Once again I disagree. If this was the Bills beating the Colts instead of the Jets beating the Bills there would be no "the bills have a decent team" ... it would be "the colts made a lot of mistakes and left the door open for the bills."  ...  how can we measure two NFL games differently. i certainly cant .

785130[/snapback]

If we walked into Indy and beat the Colts in the exact same fashion that the Jets beat us today, I would definitely say the Bills have a decent team.

People would be raving about our pass rush and killer defense that won the game for us. And for our grit in hanging in after a tough 1st quarter and overcoming a 300+ passing and 150+ rushing effort against us.

If we walked into Indy and beat the Colts in the exact same fashion that the Jets beat us today, I would definitely say the Bills have a decent team.

People would be raving about our pass rush and killer defense that won the game for us.  And for our grit in hanging in after a tough 1st quarter and overcoming a 300+ passing and 150+ rushing effort against us.

785138[/snapback]

Thats retarded. If the Colts doubled our yardage, couldnt make a few 4th downs, went for a horrid fake field goal, couldnt get in the endzone on the 2 yard line for 3 straight plays then I certainly dont think that anyone but homer Bills fans would be raving about how good we are.

Also throw in a 1 yard route on 4th and 2. I'm with you; there is no way we should lose this game. We are better than the Jets on both sides of the ball. We let them off the hook with poor gameplanning and turnovers. It seemed as if we just called plays instead of putting those plays together to get into a rhytm on offense. One minute it was a Roscoe; show the next Willis. Finally they decided to get Evans involved. If they had put all those plays together and forced the Jets to matchup there is no way the Jets could compete as besides the 3 TD drives the Jets had they did nothing. And those drives were aided by poor plays on our part.

785133[/snapback]

Agreed. The frustrating thing for me was that it felt like a 'Meathead' gameplan special. McGahee gains 150, yet they were constantly throwing on third and short. WTF? :lol:

the jets one for three reasons: they scored TDs on the their three legitimate drives (that's all they had) due to extremely high caliber quarterbacking, they effectively shut down the bills once the bills got within smelling distance of the end zone, and they simply didn't make any killer mistakes via sacks, turnovers, etc.

basically, pennington played a near perfect game, and it's about time the we as bills fans gave some credit to him.

Trying to compare the Bills beating the Colts to the Jets beating the Bills is retarded. The Colts are a good team, the Bills are not.

The Bills win over Miami was not impressive at all. The Phins suck worse than anyone right now.

Before the season started, I think most of the projections that had the Jets in the AFC East basement were discounting a Chad Pennington comeback. He does not have much of an arm, but he is very smart, makes quick decisions and accurate short range throws. The Jets are way better when he's playing and playing well.

the jets one for three reasons: they scored TDs on the their three legitimate drives (that's all they had) due to extremely high caliber quarterbacking, they effectively shut down the bills once the bills got within smelling distance of the end zone, and they simply didn't make any killer mistakes via sacks, turnovers, etc. 

basically, pennington played a near perfect game, and it's about time the we as bills fans gave some credit to him.

785151[/snapback]

"extremely high caliber quarterbacking" ??? :lol:

19/29 for 183 yards, 1 TD

maybe im missing something

don't look at stats; look at the actual game.

785184[/snapback]

He has good pocket presence and I thought that was his biggest asset. As far as throwing, he basically threw a couple quick slants to Coles and watched Washington out of the backfield look like Thurman Thomas after the catch against our defense. He has a great playfake too, but we already knew that.

I do give the Jets credit for winning today.

Still I think overall they are a below average team.

Today the Jets took advantage of their opportunities, and the Bills did not.

Turnovers were the biggest reason why the Jets won.

The Jets D is hardly stellar. Losman had over 300 yards passing, Evans over 100 yards receiving, & McGahee over 100 yards rushing.

What hurt the Bills mostly was missing out on chances to score TD's and instead settling for FG's.

The Bills offense is getting better, but they still need to learn to finish drives into the endzone, not through the uprights.