I am not a fan of Pennington...

Toledo Bill

Give ANY NFL quarterback time to throw and they'll kill you.

What a novel concept.

784588[/snapback]

All I meant was that he is more effective than most when he has time and that he is very efficient with a short game (also due to his not having a strong arm). I'll try to work on some more novel concepts and astute observations.

i agree with you bill. and i know i won't find many here who agree, but i think pennington is UNDERRATED as a field general. the crap conditions and the kind of game they neccesitated were tailor made for him imo. how many times does that mothereffer have to embarrass us before bills fans give him some repect?

I just don't get why the D was giving the middle of the field to the Jet's O. I'd make Pennington beat me to the outside and deep. I'd also take some chances and jump some routes. Those softballs Pennington throws had INT written all over them if someone jumps a route.

i agree with you bill.  and i know i won't find many here who agree, but i think pennington is UNDERRATED as a field general.  the crap conditions and the kind of game they neccesitated were tailor made for him imo.  how many times does that mothereffer have to embarrass us before bills fans give him some repect?

784678[/snapback]

Becuase he has a NOODLE arm! I don't care if Pennington can execute drives with great precision and not turn over the ball 3 times a game. Can he throw beyond 40 yards? :)

but if you give him time to throw he will kill you on short passes... we in no way put enough pressure on him today,

784581[/snapback]

There's no way to get pressure on a quarterback that's completing balls in the flats all day day long while the DBs are playing off the WRs like they're scared of getting beat deep. Pennington was throwing the ball 2 to 3 seconds after the ball was snapped. The Bills may have had enough time if they went to a defense that took away the flat passing routes. Why they didn't know that Chad Pennington was going to be throwing short passes today (because he can't throw it beyond twenty yards) is beyond my freakin comprehension. This loss was so avoidable it makes me ill. The Jets stink which makes our team a downright embarassment right now.

There's no way to get pressure on a quarterback that's completing balls in the flats all day day long while the DBs are playing off the WRs like they're scared of getting beat deep. Pennington was throwing the ball 2 to 3 seconds after the ball was snapped. The Bills may have had enough time if they went to a defense that took away the flat passing routes. Why they didn't know that Chad Pennington was going to be throwing short passes today (because he can't throw it beyond twenty yards) is beyond my freakin comprehension. This loss was so avoidable it makes me ill. The Jets stink which makes our team a downright embarassment right now.

784738[/snapback]

It's very frustrating knowing that he can't throw long yet moved the ball aginst us. I didn't even notice the defensive line trying to get their arms up. It seemed like our defense didn't know they were going to see only short passes. Very confusing.