Jerry Sullivan

RunTheBall

I'm finished with this joke.

I used to think this guy had some insight into the team, but its become more and more apparent that he's simply a miserable shmuck.

It's not because I tend to disagree with him, I can enjoy reading articles or opinions that I don't agree with.

I really think he hates this team and it colors every opinion piece he writes. If I want to read "The Bills suck" articles all the time, I'll go read the Miami Herald.

To say that we should trade Henry now, when its obvious we don't know what we have in McGahee and Henry is hurt, is simply assinine. He simply hates Donahoe and the team and is ready to pack it in.

Go watch some more St. Bonnie basketball, Jerry.

RunTheBall

I really think he hates this team and it colors every opinion piece he writes. If I want to read "The Bills suck" articles all the time, I'll go read the Miami Herald.

RunTheBall

3470[/snapback]

How is that any different than reading many of the posts here, particularly after a big loss?

Jerry Sullivan is either on Drew Rosenhaus' payroll, or just a complete tool. I nearly fell out of my chair when I read his article. He proves Donahoe's point about the media just looking to stir up trouble. Sullivan must want the Bills to fail just so he can rip the team. Trade a proven veteran just to make some unproven rookie coming off a major knee injury happy??? Is this guy smoking crack???

PTR

Jerry Sullivan is either on Drew Rosenhaus' payroll, or just a complete tool.  I nearly fell out of my chair when I read his article.  He proves Donahoe's point about the media just looking to stir up trouble.  Sullivan must want the Bills to fail just so he can rip the team.  Trade a proven veteran just to make some unproven rookie coming off a major knee injury happy???  Is this guy smoking crack???

PTR

3483[/snapback]

No Kidding.....that's the part that gets me, too. It's as though some people assume the team has no power/leverage in situations like these. In this particular case, it doesn't MATTER what either TH or WM is whining about. TD holds every single card in the deck. If and when trading one of them is good for the Bills, then chances are TD will make a move. But it kills me how people assume that WM, or Rosenhaus, or whomever has any say......they don't.

I think it's less about the whine and more about the resolution. The resolution of the clear controversy that TD embraced by drafting WM in the first place.

One could argue that strategically drafting WM made a lot of long-term sense, but tactically it just means a lot of headaches.

I'm not defending JS, but this issue will not go away. It will not be resolved until one or the other of these guys is gone. I agree with him on that. However, it's a bit premature to Trade either one, and the mere mention of the Dolphags in his article belies what I think are JS's true colors - Auqua and Orange.

That was one of the worst articles he's ever written. So Rosenhaus yells and TD is supposed to trade Henry just to make the noise go away. Plus his opinion that the team is going " Nowhere anyhow " . Might as well pull the trigger.

Gotcha ! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

That was one of the worst articles he's ever written. So Rosenhaus yells and TD is supposed to trade Henry just to make the noise go away. Plus his opinion that the team is going " Nowhere anyhow " . Might as well pull the trigger.

Gotcha !    :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

3495[/snapback]

You got it!

And, oh yeah, "Why don't you trade him to Dieami. They need a back." :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Love that new little 'smiley!' But isn't it really an Effie?

Sullivan doesn't even believe what he is writting. He likes that people talk crap about him because at least people talk about him then. He is a terrible sports reporter who has NEVER broke a Buffalo sports storybecause he has no inside contacts with teams, because everyone thinks he is a douche bag. He needs contoversy to keep his job. It is easy to do in a one news paper town like Buffalo and he knows it.

Jerry Sullivan is a pole smoker. Always has been, always will be.

He's probably not inherently a scrotal pustule, but his desperate pleas for attention are out of control.

Why doesn't he just move back to wherever it is he was hatched?

I was wondering what the hell that clown was talking about. I can't believe you folks still back home haven't run the guy out on a rail yet... :doh:

3535[/snapback]

I'll be up there for the Jags game, tar in hand. Who's bringing the feathers? :w00t:

Sullivan doesn't even believe what he is writting. He likes that people talk crap about him because at least people talk about him then. He is a terrible sports reporter who has NEVER broke a Buffalo sports storybecause he has no inside contacts with teams, because everyone thinks he is a douche bag. He needs contoversy to keep his job. It is easy to do in a one news paper town like Buffalo and he knows it.

3515[/snapback]

Funny you say that with the moniker CoachChuckDickerson. I don't like Sullivan, but just found that ironic.

I actually sent him an email last year because I got tired of his Donahue bashing.

He replied:

I suppose it was "classy" for the GM to use his opening remarks to attack

radio talk show types? He should be above that sort of thing, especially on

such an important day in team history.

-----Original Message-----

To: Jerry Sullivan

Sent: 12/30/2003 10:33 AM

Subject: Buffalo News Feedback: Donahoe must stop insults, start

progress

http://www.twobillsdrive.com/forums/index....showtopic=18636

Many folks in the fan community feel Donahoe was correct in his opinion.

It seems hypocritical that he cannot express his views, while

individuals like you make a living out of doing so.

For all Greg's faults, he was a class act. I would suggest that you

start acting with a bit of class as well.

No Kidding.....that's the part that gets me, too. It's as though some people assume the team has no power/leverage in situations like these. In this particular case, it doesn't MATTER what either TH or WM is whining about. TD holds every single card in the deck. If and when trading one of them is good for the Bills, then chances are TD will make a move. But it kills me how people assume that WM, or Rosenhaus, or whomever has any say......they don't.

3486[/snapback]

Let me start off, I am no fan of Jerry Sullivan. And, I disagree with most of what he said in todays column ("this team is going nowhere"?). I do agree with him, however, in the reguard that TD drafted McGahee, knowing that the day would come when one of these two guys would be gone. It would not be TD's way to let Travis become a free agent and slip away. He will get something for him. I would be opposed to trading either Travis or McGahee, but I think we do have to ask what is out there right now, that would make trading one or the other a good move. In other words, what can we get for one of them. You now have two very desperate teams (Miami and Philadelphia), can you get a starting OL and a second or third draft pick for Travis? If not, don't make the trade. If so, it wouldn't hurt to listen. If the Bills didn't pull the trigger on a trade for one of these guys now, their feelings will be hurt, but so what. Sullivan is right, this "controversy" won't go away, unless one is gone, injured or just flat out sucks!

I like sportswriters that are either (1) knowledgeable/insightful (Paul Zimmerman) or (2) entertaining (Bill Simmons). Sullivan is neither. I don't need a cheerleader. I didn't see the game last night (although I'll catch the replay at McFaddens this afternoon). But, for example, a detailed analysis of our failure to stop the Titans running game would be a good read. Instead Sullivan provides us with lazy journalism.

it was an unbelievably stupid column. since when does the media set the agenda for a franchise with it's buzz about some "controversy" that it cooked up for itself?

a lot of you guys got pretty indignant last year with donohoe when he blasted the media following the williams firing, but in my mind, this proves just how right he was...some of these guys are an embarrassment!

i have always thought sullivan had at least a shred of common sense, but now i have question it...this dumbest idea he ever had. and the funniest thing is how much further he would fly off the handle if donohoe actually did pull a trade.

Archived