What do you say to Jp after our loss to the Jets?

I'm not saying that.  He should trust Willis but he has to realize that he can't rely on Willis to pick up a rusher all the time.

784637[/snapback]

I disagree completely. That is McGahee's responsibility, just like any other pass protector on the play.

It IS a team game, afterall.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right on. JP played a great game.

Those 90 mph passes to MaGahee in the flat were as good as it gets. Touch on passes means zero. As a matter of fact, JP will be better if he throws his short passes in the flat just a little harder.

This is what football is all about.

784648[/snapback]

Yeah, because I said JP played a "great" game. I can see how you would (correctly) draw that conclusion from the words I am typing and posting on this message board. Brilliant. :):P

Those 90 mph passes to MaGahee in the flat were as good as it gets. Touch on passes means zero. As a matter of fact, JP will be better if he throws his short passes in the flat just a little harder.

784648[/snapback]

What about the pass to Reed? That was all touch. The kid has skills, just needs more time. Honestly. Really, Bill, were those fumbles his fault, completely, in your opinion?

784648[/snapback]

???

Too hard? Too high? Yes. But too hard? As my sister's boyfriend the Giants fan put it, "That was an incredibly poorly timed jump by McGahee," so much so that he was already on his way down when the ball got there. That doesn't sound like it was thrown too hard to me. They were all too high though.

i watched the game with no sound which may or may not have changed my impression of things, but i will say this:

1. losman made some mistakes, but STILL looks like a guy that can get it done in this league.

2. willis did a terrible job blocking which resulted in the jets defensive TD.

3. to me, the culprit in this loss was (yaawwwwwwnnn, once again) the o-line. when the jets moved up in the 2nd quarter to take the run away, they o-line could not respond by giving losman adequate time to exploit it. that is what turned the game, in my opinion.

you guys can scapegoat whomever you want, but the bottome line is that we lost this game in the trenches. big shocker there, eh?

I disagree completely.  That is McGahee's responsibility,  just like any other pass protector on the play.     

It IS a team game,  afterall.

784654[/snapback]

Like I said before I changed my mind. You people were right. After showing the highlight again Willis blew his block. I really wasn't Jp's fault. :)

Good defense makes the other team make mistakes.  The difference today was the pass rush, not the quarterbacks.

784569[/snapback]

It's obvious which team had the better quarterback today, so let's not go there. But you do bring up a good point about the pass rush/pass protection. It killed me to see Mangold playing well in a Jets uniform when I was practically begging Marv to draft him. Improved offensive line play is a big reason why the Jets are now 2-1. :)

It's obvious which team had the better quarterback today, so let's not go there.  But you do bring up a good point about the pass rush/pass protection.  It killed me to see Mangold playing well in a Jets uniform when I was practically begging Marv to draft him.  Improved offensive line play is a big reason why the Jets are now 2-1.  :)

784682[/snapback]

Pennington is smart, no doubt there. JP could learn a thing or two from watching film on him. I have to venture even you were pleased with some moments in JP's game today, though. Come on, fess up, HA. :P

i watched the game with no sound which may or may not have changed my impression of things, but i will say this:

1. losman made some mistakes, but STILL looks like a guy that can get it done in this league. 

2. willis did a terrible job blocking which resulted in the jets defensive TD. 

3. to me, the culprit in this loss was  (yaawwwwwwnnn, once again) the o-line.  when the jets moved up in the 2nd quarter to take the run away, they o-line could not respond by giving losman adequate time to exploit it.  that is what turned the game, in my opinion.

you guys can scapegoat whomever you want, but the bottome line is that we lost this game in the trenches.  big shocker there, eh?

784668[/snapback]

While I don't have any evidence of it, in fact, watching on TV I can't even see it, I'm wondering if our WRs are actually getting open. There were several plays today where Losman had time and was looking all over the field for a reciever and couldn't find anyone.

I've been worried about the WR corps since the draft. We have Lee Evans and....? There is no clear-cut #2, and its not because they're all so good they deserve to play. Its because none have stepped up and taken the job. Being fast doesn't necessarily mean a WR is any good.

I felt the Bills management really dropped the ball here in the offseason, and am afraid its going to come back to bite them in the ass as this season wears on.

While I don't have any evidence of it,  in fact,  watching on TV I can't even see it,  I'm wondering if our WRs are actually getting open.  There were several plays today where Losman had time and was looking all over the field for a reciever and couldn't find anyone. 

I've been worried about the WR corps since the draft.  We have Lee Evans and....?    There is no clear-cut #2,  and its not because they're all so good they deserve to play.  Its because none have stepped up and taken the job. Being fast doesn't necessarily mean a WR is any good.

I felt the Bills management really dropped the ball here in the offseason,  and am afraid its going to come back to bite them in the ass as this season wears on.

784717[/snapback]

RECEIVING
 REC	YDS	TD	LG
L. Evans	8	107	0	27
R. Parrish	4	104	1	51
P. Price	3	49	0	20
J. Reed	4	45	0	31
R. Royal	1	20	0	20
W. McGahee	2	3	0	6

terrible play by the wr's! :lol:

terrible play by the wr's!  :lol:

784763[/snapback]

Good post. BUT: I really thought we were going to see a lot more passing to the TEs and RBs. To this point, we have not. I know there have been a couple passes where Losman missed McGahee in the flat. But we need this part of the game to be going strong. The one pass to Royal was great. We need more of those.

Good post.  BUT: I really thought we were going to see a lot more passing to the TEs and RBs.  To this point, we have not.  I know there have been a couple passes where Losman missed McGahee in the flat.  But we need this part of the game to be going strong.  The one pass to Royal was great.  We need more of those.

784769[/snapback]

Agreed.

3. to me, the culprit in this loss was  (yaawwwwwwnnn, once again) the o-line.  when the jets moved up in the 2nd quarter to take the run away, they o-line could not respond by giving losman adequate time to exploit it.  that is what turned the game, in my opinion.

you guys can scapegoat whomever you want, but the bottome line is that we lost this game in the trenches.  big shocker there, eh?

784668[/snapback]

While the Jets occasionally got pressure with some blitzes, it seemed to me that Willis McGahee had some great holes to run through, and that for the most part JP Losman had plenty of time to throw.

JDG

RECEIVING
 REC	YDS	TD	LG
L. Evans	8	107	0	27
R. Parrish	4	104	1	51
P. Price	3	49	0	20
J. Reed	4	45	0	31
R. Royal	1	20	0	20
W. McGahee	2	3	0	6

terrible play by the wr's!   :lol:

784763[/snapback]

They threw the ball 38 times. I would expect them to have had decent day statistically as a group. Losman had a great day, statistically, too. His actual game on the field wasn't that great.

Stats can often be misleading. Maybe that's not the case here, but I still worry that today's game is a sign of things to come.

They threw the ball 38 times.  I would expect them to have had decent day statistically as a group.  Losman had a great day,  statistically,  too.

Stats can often be misleading.  Maybe that's not the case here,  but I still worry that today's game is a sign of things to come.

784795[/snapback]

They were getting open enough based on what my eyes saw, along with the statistical backing. JP could have gone to the outlet a couple times to shorten his time waiting in the pocket.

Two of the three turnovers were because Losman's blind side was completely unprotected. As for the Jets, it's really easy to NOT make mistakes when there's no pass rush.

784569[/snapback]

/quote]

How much time do you think he had on those plays to get rid of the ball? I could not see what was happening down field (i.e., whether the receivers were not open), but it did seem that he had plenty of time to get rid the of the ball to avoid a mistake. On at least one of those plays, the play clock counted down four seconds.

JP did not have one of his better outings. His mistakes were determinative. Nevertheless, I still think that he needs more time -- both to gain experience and for the coaching staff (and the rest of us) to see whether he will learn from his mistakes.

Pennington is smart, no doubt there.  JP could learn a thing or two from watching film on him.  I have to venture even you were pleased with some moments in JP's game today, though.  Come on, fess up, HA.  :lol:

784692[/snapback]

I'll give you that Losman has occassional good moments. No question there. The difference between the Losman-optimists and Losman-pessimists is that the former see those moments as a harbinger of what his play will always be like, while the pessimists think he'll play just well enough to be a coach killer.

I'll give you that Losman has occassional good moments.  No question there.  I guess the difference between the Losman-optimists and Losman-pessimists is that the former see those moments as a harbinger of what his play will always be like, while the pessimists think he'll play just well enough to be a coach killer.

784842[/snapback]

What do those of us who think he could be a really good QB but still has a lot to learn and a lot of growing pains count as?