Another Ryder Cup debacle

KD in CA

A lot of the guys played well this time but the Europeans just came up huge. Tiger played well, Furyk was fantastic today but still got beat by a hot red Paul Casey.

I don't know why but the Euros always just seem to want to win this competition more. How else do you explain Monte -- choking with the US Open in his grasp two months ago -- coming out to the Ryder Cup and pwning everyone once again? He's still never lost a Ryder Cup match.

A lot of the guys played well this time but the Europeans just came up huge.  Tiger played well, Furyk was fantastic today but still got beat by a hot red Paul Casey.

I don't know why but the Euros always just seem to want to win this competition more.  How else do you explain Monte -- choking with the US Open in his grasp two months ago -- coming out to the Ryder Cup and pwning everyone once again?  He's still never lost a Ryder Cup match.

783943[/snapback]

I say replace them all for next time, let the young guys try it, at least they'll give it their all.

I say replace them all for next time, let the young guys try it, at least they'll give it their all.

783964[/snapback]

Woods and Furyk did alright going 3-3-0. Although one would hope for another point out of that pair.

However our other premeir paring of Mickelson and DiMarco was just awful at 0-5-1. That is just atrocious.

If both of those groups could've gone 4-2, that would've taken us to 14 pts and maybe inspired someone else to get another half a point to get us the cup.

Mickelson's a pud. The guy shuts it down after the PGA Championships. No wonder he looked like garbage out there.

786014[/snapback]

I played in a pro-am last Monday (www.prosbeatingcancer.com) and the pro with whom we played (I will not mention names) said that Mickelson was BY FAR the most hated player on tour (by his peers). He went on to say that Phil will take TV execs out to dinner to gain more face time, etc. Also said that Phil is always by himself in the locker room, etc.

He also said Tiger was a great guy. Guys love him.

I played in a pro-am last Monday (www.prosbeatingcancer.com) and the pro with whom we played (I will not mention names) said that Mickelson was BY FAR the most hated player on tour (by his peers).  He went on to say that Phil will take TV execs out to dinner to gain more face time, etc.  Also said that Phil is always by himself in the locker room, etc. 

He also said Tiger was a great guy.  Guys love him.

786175[/snapback]

I've heard that too. Also, that Lefty is a box of rocks, too.

I played in a pro-am last Monday (www.prosbeatingcancer.com) and the pro with whom we played (I will not mention names) said that Mickelson was BY FAR the most hated player on tour (by his peers).  He went on to say that Phil will take TV execs out to dinner to gain more face time, etc.  Also said that Phil is always by himself in the locker room, etc. 

He also said Tiger was a great guy.  Guys love him.

786175[/snapback]

That doesn't surprise me one bit, on either count. Thanks for the insider's POV.

I think the short answer could be that we have the best players (Tiger, Mickelson, Furyk) but the Euros have more really good players a cut below. That would explain why we win the majors (an individual competition) and they win the team titles (Ryder Cups etc.).