Inside The NFL

jjsiepierski34

I'm watching Inside the NFL because I love the Phillies announcer doing the commentary, and the highlights are the best.

They open the show with their gay roundtable by speaking about QB's who are underachieving, and start out with 4 straight minutes on Culpepper. All four of these guys go round and round, and make excuse after excuse for Culpepper..."his knee, he came back to early, his O line sucks, his receivers can't get open, he is trying to grasp a new offense, he pees sitting down, my name's Marino and I love little boys, I'm Chris Carter and I love coke plates....blah, blah, blah...."

How can these guys call themselves objective, and not give the defense playing vs said QB, or the coaching staff, and schematics ONE MENTION??????

I normally don't subscribe to the belief that there is a national media bias vs the Bills, but lately, things are getting out of hand.

Not one mention of our D, and 7 sacks, and one unheralded D End had three of them...if Denney was Strahan, there would have been a shrine behind Bob Costas of the gap in his teeth, and then a 10 minute piece on how he brushes his teeth...

WTF?

Chime in.

I'm watching Inside the NFL because I love the Phillies announcer doing the commentary, and the highlights are the best.

They open the show with their gay roundtable by speaking about QB's who are underachieving, and start out with 4 straight minutes on Culpepper. All four of these guys go round and round, and make excuse after excuse for Culpepper..."his knee, he came back to early, his O line sucks, his receivers can't get open, he is trying to grasp a new offense, he pees sitting down, my name's Marino and I love little boys, I'm Chris Carter and I love coke plates....blah, blah, blah...."

How can these guys call themselves objective, and not give the defense playing vs said QB, or the coaching staff, and schematics ONE MENTION??????

I normally don't subscribe to the belief that there is a national media bias vs the Bills, but lately, things are getting out of hand.

Not one mention of our D, and 7 sacks, and one unheralded D End had three of them...if  Denney was Strahan, there would have been a shrine behind Bob Costas of the gap in his teeth, and then a 10 minute piece on how he brushes his teeth...

WTF?

Chime in.

783607[/snapback]

Likely Marino's influence on the show. Can't stand to see his home boys (especially the QB) get beat up. Plus the media has had the spotlight on Culpepper since he became the savior of the Dolphins. The Bill's D was great, but also Culpepper just not very good. Gonna be a long season for him, but not longer than 16 games.

We will have to win a "big game" or 2 before we get any respect from the national media. If we win the next three though, the media is gonna be all over the Bills' jocks. Especially if we take Chicago at "Soldier Field". I think the Vikes will be a tough game, but they're gonna be in our house. That's definitely a winnable game. Chicago will be JP's 3rd tough road test this year in just 5 weeks. If he can make good decisions with the football and we can rattle Grossman, which is very possible, the Bills could be looking at a 4-1 record. Then we would be the talk of the NFL as this year's "Cinderella" story. There would be all the talk of Marv's genius in assembling the staff and of our draftees as well. Every network would be slobbing the Bills. Still about three weeks and 3 victories off right now, but watch how it all plays out.

Wah Wah we get no respect, how dare the national media not give much respect to a team that really hasnt been good for the past 8 years. Win some games and we'll get talked about, until then lets just enjoy young players improving week in and week out, and let the national media keep thinking stuff like "brady had an off day or culpepper isn't fully healed"

Not one mention of our D, and 7 sacks, and one unheralded D End had three of them...if  Denney was Strahan, there would have been a shrine behind Bob Costas of the gap in his teeth, and then a 10 minute piece on how he brushes his teeth...

WTF?

Chime in.

783607[/snapback]

I noticed that as well when watching last night. It's hard to say that the BUFFALOB BILLS JUST BUSTED THE DOLPHINS A$$! But like others have said; it will take a few more such performances to gain some respect and then they will be giving us knob jobs as well; filling our heads and getting our expectations high!

Wah Wah we get no respect, how dare the national media not give much respect to a team that really hasnt been good for the past 8 years.  Win some games and we'll get talked about, until then lets just enjoy young players improving week in and week out, and let the national media keep thinking stuff like "brady had an off day or culpepper isn't fully healed"

783613[/snapback]

I'm not looking for respect from them or the national media. I simply want them to acknowledge the fact that the Bills defense had as much as an inkling involvement in Culpepper's bad game. Period. Just give it a windy mention.

I don't need them to annoint the Bills as a Super Bowl contender. When a team has 7 sacks, and holds a team scoreless until 4 minutes left in the game, the D should get a mention as one of the reasons.

i slowly stopped watching inside the nfl about 3 years ago.......in the old days when it was nick bonicotti and len dawson the show was must watch,it was even still ok when they 1st added dan marino ,but once chris carter completed the lineup the show was must not watch...the show is all goofy stories and not really highlights anymore...oh and go bills this sunday against the jets...

i slowly stopped watching inside the nfl about 3 years ago.......in the old days when it was nick bonicotti and len dawson the show was must watch,it was even still ok when they 1st added dan marino ,but once chris carter completed the lineup the show was must not watch...the show is all goofy stories and not really highlights anymore...oh and go bills this sunday against the jets...

783621[/snapback]

I am never watching this foresaken show again. I started this thread at the beginning of the show as it started (here in Chicago, its replayed on HBO 1pm CST). I began my gripe with the aforementioned way they handled the opening roundtable.

The show just ended, and they DIDN'T SHOW THE BILLS HIGHLIGHTS!?!?!?!?!!?

WTF!?!?!?!?!!?!?

I hate Inside The NFL. 0:):P:lol:

If the Lions went 1-1 by beating the Dolphins by 10 points, would you expect the national media to jerk off all over Detroit?

783629[/snapback]

As I said, I was simply looking for an acknowledgement of the way the defense played.

Yet, now my frustrations with the show have shifted to the fact that they didn't even show the f_cking Bills highlights; I have been under the impression since I was a young lad that the foundation of the show was to show highlights of EVERY game, and then at the end, pick the upcoming week's games winners....now they pick and choose on each front.

TOTAL BS!

I don't see your point about the Lions. I do know the Lions had a player gurantee victory and then get their a$$es whipped. But I know that because they showed the Lions highlights. 0:)

I'm not looking for respect from them or the national media. I simply want them to acknowledge the fact that the Bills defense had as much as an inkling involvement in Culpepper's bad game. Period. Just give it a windy mention.

Yes, you are looking for respect.

What those guys said is the 'trooth'. You have in Miami, a crappy Oline. Two prominat rejects known as LJ Shelton and Bennie Anderson. Surrounded by at least two, and maybe three other olinemen that suck. You have a QB with a canon arm that used to be extremely mobile before he tore up his ACL less than a year ago. This once mobile QB now has to assimilate with a different team (that has an offensive line that can't pass block an has marginal ability to run block), learn a new offense, and deal with the fact that he no longer has the mobility he once had. I'd say that's a lot to deal with. Then throw in an NFL defense, especially one that has been re-tooled and the opposition doesn't have a lot of tape on, it's got to compound that QBs problems.

Look, the Bills have been a disgrace to the NFL over the past 5 seasons. Counting this season and the past six, they've had 4 head coaches. And only once during that span did they manage to climb above 'average', and at that, by only one game. They've done nothing that I can see deserving of any respect. You can't honestly say they'll be favored in any game against the 'big boys'... Pats, Pitt, Colts. They are 1-1 for Christ's sake... and coming off a 5-11 season and playing a lot of rookies and 2-3 year players. So, why would you want to give them a lot of attention and respect. After two games, they haven't earned schitt!! If they go 10-6 or 12-4, then, yeah... they deserve a lot of respect and attention.

If those guys on NFL Insider touted the Bills defense at this juncture, how foolish and credible would they be when the Bills get lit up good a few times in the coming weeks? Yeah, the Bills have looked pretty good as a team, and especially on defense for a couple of games. Are you willing to bet your house that it's going to continue for 14 more games? I'll take that bet if you're willing to make it.

Let's keep it real. two games is not a trend and two games does not make a season. And, two games earns you no respect.

Thanks for saving me some time. I would have wasted an hour of my life waiting for highlights only to be dissapointed as you were. F' em. For $25 you can get the highlights on Itunes for the whole season. There were about 11 min of highlights on the Pats game and a little over eight minutes on the Fins game. You can then take those highlights, burn em to disc, bring em into your NLE and edit them, add your own soundtrack and commentary, etc. As far as I am concerned that beats waiting for the national media to slip in Bills highlights consisting of three plays and some kind of backhanded compliment in between ball washing their darlings.

Sure beats the days of waiting to hear Chris Berman's lead in of "No one circles the wagons..." and running to hit record on the VCR.

Yes, you are looking for respect.

What those guys said is the 'trooth'.  You have in Miami, a crappy Oline.  Two prominat rejects known as LJ Shelton and Bennie Anderson.  Surrounded by at least two, and maybe three other olinemen that suck.  You have a QB with a canon arm that used to be extremely mobile before he tore up his ACL less than a year ago.  This once mobile QB now has to assimilate with a different team (that has an offensive line that can't pass block an has marginal ability to run block), learn a new offense, and deal with the fact that he no longer has the mobility he once had.  I'd say that's a lot to deal with.  Then throw in an NFL defense, especially one that has been re-tooled and the opposition doesn't have a lot of tape on, it's got to compound that QBs problems.

Look, the Bills have been a disgrace to the NFL over the past 5 seasons.  Counting this season and the past six, they've had 4 head coaches.  And only once during that span did they manage to climb above 'average', and at that, by only one game.  They've done nothing that I can see deserving of any respect.  You can't honestly say they'll be favored in any game against the 'big boys'... Pats, Pitt, Colts.  They are 1-1 for Christ's sake... and coming off a 5-11 season and playing a lot of rookies and 2-3 year players.  So, why would you want to give them a lot of attention and respect.  After two games, they haven't earned schitt!!  If they go 10-6 or 12-4, then, yeah... they deserve a lot of respect and attention.

If those guys on NFL Insider touted the Bills defense at this juncture, how foolish and credible would they be when the Bills get lit up good a few times in the coming weeks?  Yeah, the Bills have looked pretty good as a team, and especially on defense for a couple of games.  Are you willing to bet your house that it's going to continue for 14 more games?  I'll take that bet if you're willing to make it.

Let's keep it real.  two games is not a trend and two games does not make a season.  And, two games earns you no respect.

783644[/snapback]

So I guess in the tone of your post, you consider Dan Marino, Chris Collinsworth, and Chris Carter ALREADY credible from the analyst role, and by mentioning the fact that a Bills defense grossly outplayed an inept Dolphins offense, while causing their struggling QB to struggle more, they would have ruined the credibility you are touting them to have? What a joke.

"Trooth" is, an NFL "Highlights show" leads its potential viewers on to show "NFL Highlights," yet chooses to omit certain games for whatever reason from their hour show? Instead they have a football knowledge roundtable with a fromer QB bias to his hometown team, and his former team; a self-promoting, coke-snorting receiver who never stops talking about his own experiences; a former slot possession receiver who now believes he's God's gift to color-commentating; and a baseball announcer, all of which pass the mic around to toss one another off. As a previous poster said, any highlights show that doesn't show all the highlights is "schitt."

Fug that show. If they decide to bring up the topic of "Why Dante Culpepper is sucking so bad" and DON'T mention the fact he was swarmed and sacked 7 times by a certain defense as one of the reasons for his struggles, well, then in my mind, they haven't covered all of the facts. That's it. Not looking for them to say we're going to the SB...just a mention. You yourself state: "Then throw in an NFL defense, especially one that has been re-tooled and the opposition doesn't have a lot of tape on, it's got to compound that QBs problems." I'm saying, they didn't even mention that!!!

From a VERY biased Bills fans perspective, call me selfish, but I wanted to see the "Inside The NFL" highlights of the Bills killing the Dolphins. So if you want to be "troothful" and tell me how it is oh OB1 of Bills football, please do...but I still just wanted to see the f_ckin highlights. I guess I was crazy to turn that show on and "expect" to see the Bills reel.

Rule number 1 in being a Bills fan is "never bet on the Bills" so no, I am not willing to bet my house on the Bills and never would, but that won't detract from my optimism.

On to the Jets.

Go Bills.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO on Inside The NFL!

783618[/snapback]

Isn't that what is known as RESPECT.

Annoiting as a Superbowl pick means we have become the darling of the media.

WTF?

Chime in.

783607[/snapback]

Was the segment about the Bills-Dolphins game? Or about quarterbacks who are underachieving? Doesn't seem like the Bills' D would be relevant to the topic. When they do their segment about overachieving defenses, they should mention Buffalo, though.