Puhonix...

Puhonix

I'm thinking about setting up my own webpage for selling prints. After so many times of people asking you to take pictures for them, or wanting one of yours for their walls, I think I can at least beging to think about it.

So, here's a couple of pics that I took last month that are great portraits. I've just started working with portraits, but the one thing I really wanted was to take some different shots, not the traditional studio glamour shots.

The More I See You (Ramius' GF)

Pretty Please? (Puhonix's GF)

So, what do you all think? (And AJZepp, this was not to make you want to move to Tallahassee, though you are welcome anytime).

I'm thinking about setting up my own webpage for selling prints. After so many times of people asking you to take pictures for them, or wanting one of yours for their walls, I think I can at least beging to think about it.

So, here's a couple of pics that I took last month that are great portraits. I've just started working with portraits, but the one thing I really wanted was to take some different shots, not the traditional studio glamour shots.

The More I See You (Ramius' GF)

Pretty Please? (Puhonix's GF)

So, what do you all think? (And AJZepp, this was not to make you want to move to Tallahassee, though you are welcome anytime).

782834[/snapback]

Ramius' GF needs less shirt.

:D

Consider starting with something like BetterPhoto.com. This will save some of the expense for starting out. You can then upgrade to other packages as you sell more photographs. It is a way for you to get your work out there with lower startup costs. The base gallery is free, but with pay packages,you can get set up your own URL and get tools to sell the photos.

I tossed a couple of photos up there. Here is my gallery.

Consider starting with something like BetterPhoto.com. This will save some of the expense for starting out. You can then upgrade to other packages as you sell more photographs. It is a way for you to get your work out there with lower startup costs. The base gallery is free, but with pay packages,you can get set up your own URL and get tools to sell the photos.

I tossed a couple of photos up there. Here is my gallery.

782877[/snapback]

I loved the picture of Gyenbokgung Palace-vivid colors. Must of have been spactacular in person.

I loved the picture of Gyenbokgung Palace-vivid colors. Must of have been spactacular in person.

782883[/snapback]

Yes, it was. It is too bad that it is stuck in the middle of downtown Seoul. A nice tranquil setting in the mountains would have made it perfect.

Thanks for the compliments on the photo.

Not bad at all, but improvements can be made. Great use of depth of field, and exposure is overall good. With Ramius' GF, maybe a little less boob would be better....The real impact here is in the eyes, and the downshirt shot is a bit distracting. I'd also like to see a bit more light on the shadowed side of the face and a slightly tighter crop on the whole thing---too much dead space on the left and right. Maybe a square crop?

I like the second one better. Well posed, exposed and cropped. This is an impact picture. I would like to see a bit better use of depth of field here...you are just millimeters off. The picture is at its sharpest from the tip of her nose to the ends of her

eyelashes. Her beautiful eyes are just a hair out of range. If you have the capability, then switch to manual focus and tweak it just a hair to get the eyes to really pop.

I hope this is the kind of critique you were looking for.

Very very nice work!

Best regards,

Eric C

ChicagoRic

Not bad at all, but improvements can be made.  Great use of depth of field, and exposure is overall good.  With Ramius' GF, maybe a little less boob would be better....The real impact here is in the eyes, and the downshirt shot is a bit distracting.  I'd also like to see a bit more light on the shadowed side of the face and a slightly tighter crop on the whole thing---too much dead space on the left and right.  Maybe a square crop?

782932[/snapback]

I hate square crops, so I was forcing this into the 8x12 dimensions. I always try to focus on eyes when I can, but at the time we took this shot, we were thinking sex appeal. I've got some other shots where her eyes really steal it, but this is the most popular shot, go figure, probably voted on by every teenager with internet access.

I like the second one better. Well posed, exposed and cropped.  This is an impact picture.  I would like to see a bit better use of depth of field here...you are just millimeters off.  The picture is at its sharpest from the tip of her nose to the ends of her

eyelashes.  Her beautiful eyes are just a hair out of range.  If you have the capability, then switch to manual focus and tweak it just a hair to get the eyes to really pop. 

782932[/snapback]

I love DoF, and try whatever I can do to make sure it comes into play. The focus just a bit off? damn, I thought it was pretty good. I can do manual, and use it often, usually letting the AF set the range, and the tweaking it myself.

Thanks for the comments, that's exactly the type of critique that can really hlpe me out. Much appreciated!