Jeff Fisher has lost it.

Chilly

I heard that he was totally unprepared to be the starting QB.  He didn't know the terminology and the plays.  So I guess he "lied" to Fisher by telling him he was on top of things.

781219[/snapback]

He was always one who, like a good coach, would squash this stuff in the media and keep it private matters.

To me this is just another sign that he is slipping.

The coach also charges that Volek never took advantage of his opportunities once told he was the starter.

"There's a difference between assuming a role as a starter and a backup role. There's a distinct difference between those two positions. In the club's opinion based on what transpired, he was not suited to be the starter," Fisher said.

Doesn't surprise me.

Volek knew he wasn't good enough to be a starter here either, which is why he didn't come to Buffalo. He lacks that necessary ambition, and he knows he lacks the skills. It's like the kid who was overjoyed to be fourth flute at the school concert.

Don't be so quick to say Fischer's the bad/crazy guy here.

Doesn't surprise me.

Volek knew he wasn't good enough to be a starter here either, which is why he didn't come to Buffalo. He lacks that necessary ambition, and he knows he lacks the skills. It's like the kid who was overjoyed to be fourth flute at the school concert.

Don't be so quick to say Fischer's the bad/crazy guy here.

781234[/snapback]

I think he was right in trading Volek, don't get me wrong.

I just think he has lost touch with being an NFL head coach if he's bringing this sh-- to the media.

I think he was right in trading Volek, don't get me wrong.

I just think he has lost touch with being an NFL head coach if he's bringing this sh-- to the media.

781274[/snapback]

Nothing makes potential free agents more wary than a coach throwing a player under the bus in the media. That interview likely cost ol' Bud Adams a bit of coin as long as Fish is still the coach there.

Nothing makes potential free agents more wary than a coach throwing a player under the bus in the media.  That interview likely cost ol' Bud Adams a bit of coin as long as Fish is still the coach there.

781276[/snapback]

Nah, I think players are smart enough to know that Volek's a special case...he's been dicking the Titans around for over three years. If it comes down to the players chosing sides, Fisher has a lot more cred than Billy Boy. And the Benjamin's don't hurt either...

Nah, I think players are smart enough to know that Volek's a special case...he's been dicking the Titans around for over three years.  If it comes down to the players chosing sides, Fisher has a lot more cred than Billy Boy.  And the Benjamin's don't hurt either...

781312[/snapback]

You ever talk to a player? Trust me, most of 'em ain't smart.

He was always one who, like a good coach, would squash this stuff in the media and keep it private matters.

To me this is just another sign that he is slipping.

781223[/snapback]

I think it is more a case that the Titans franchise is slipping, more than Fisher. They have had a really bad couple of off-seasons, and Fisher has seemed at odds with management with a lot of the (strange) movese they have made. I think Fisher is still one of the more highly regarded coaches in the leauge, and will have no shortage of suitors when he is out of Tennessee at the end of this season. Whether it he is right or wrong, or whether it turns out to be a good move or not, drafting VY was a sign that there is a pretty wide gap between the coach, and the GM...the Titans seem to be reverting to their Oiles form...

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/TEN/9674201

What the hell has happened to him, lol.

781212[/snapback]

It was his line about Volek throwing the franchise and his teammates "under the bus" that made me realise he's done with the Titans. How come nobody asked him how a head coach can allow a backup QB to throw a franchise under the bus.

The Titans seemed to go from a very impressive franchise to a joke in a single off-season. Anyone know why?

It was his line about Volek throwing the franchise and his teammates "under the bus" that made me realise he's done with the Titans.  How come nobody asked him how a head coach can allow a backup QB to throw a franchise under the bus.   

The Titans seemed to go from a very impressive franchise to a joke in a single off-season.  Anyone know why?

781712[/snapback]

The day they could not reach a consensus to re-sign McNair for what he did for that franchise, showed that Fisher and the ownership is at odds. When the coaching staff and mgmt can't see eye to eye, things usually end up bad.

The day they could not reach a consensus to re-sign McNair for what he did for that franchise, showed that Fisher and the ownership is at odds.  When the coaching staff and mgmt can't see eye to eye, things usually end up bad.

781724[/snapback]

IIRC, the concerns about McNair's contract, and how much it would cost the franchise especially if he got injured were a big part of the problem.

I don't know if that translates to emnity between Fisher and ownership .