Miami Game Notes: DLine, OLine, TEs

AKC

And was it just me or were you concerned with what I thought was a very lackadaisical effort from Lee Evans last Sunday. I saw way too many downs where he just appeared to be going through the motions. Including the big PI call which looked to me as if Losman's perfect throw would have been a score if Lee finishes his route instead of allowing a beaten DB to close on him.

Did you catch teh play right before that? miamuh went after him with a C/RG combo and Kyle threw the Center on the ground, beat the Guard with his hands and then dropped RBrown for no gain inside the phish 10. A stellar play.

I noticed this in the preseason as well. And the only place I'd disagree with you is that it seems to me that the aforementioned KWilliams has an inate awareness and superb timing for when to give up his rush and get his hands up which may exceed even Schobel's.

782093[/snapback]

Well, he did underrun another ball earlier, but he may have felt he was defensing an underthrown ball. And while he was blocking with less enthusiasm than he did in NE, he still was getting decent body position abd helping the run game. Overall I'm convinced buy some personal stories I've heard about him that he is mentally focused so I don't worry about a lesser performance from him on one Sunday.

And was it just me or were you concerned with what I thought was a very lackadaisical effort from Lee Evans last Sunday. I saw way too many downs where he just appeared to be going through the motions. Including the big PI call which looked to me as if Losman's perfect throw would have been a score if Lee finishes his route instead of allowing a beaten DB to close on him.

782093[/snapback]

It's funny seeing the coaching challenge between him and McCargo- on the one hand you have the first round pick who they want to play low enough to get off OLinemen, on the other side a guy who hasn't lost a game of limbo in his life.